Topping up your prepay mobile phone
There are two ways you can top up your prepay mobile phone using money straight from your bank account.
Topping up using the BNZ app
You can top up any One NZ, Spark, Skinny, or 2degrees prepay phone using the BNZ app. This includes topping up mobiles of friends or family members.
After you have signed into the app:
- Choose Top up prepay from the menu.
- Select your account you want the amount to come from.
- Enter in the mobile number you want to credit.
- Select Top up and Confirm.
- Your provider will send you a text to confirm successful top up.
Topping up by text
If you have a One NZ Prepay phone plan, you can top up by text.
You’ll need to register your BNZ Flexi Debit Visa card with One NZ. You can do this in the My One NZ app, in My One NZ online, or by calling 777. Find out how to add a card to your account on the One NZ website.
To top up by text:
1. Text ‘TMU’ and the amount you want to top up by (for example, ‘TMU20’ for a $20 top-up) to 867.
2. Follow the prompts.