Get rewarded for sticking to your goals
Earn bonus interest with Rapid Save when you increase your savings balance each month^, and make no more than one withdrawal.
(-% base + -% bonus)
- Earn bonus interest each month
- No monthly base fees
- One free withdrawal a month
A good match for serious savers
Rewards for growing your savings
You’ll be rewarded with bonus interest for every month^ you make a deposit to increase your account balance and make no more than one withdrawal. The more you can add to your savings, the more interest you’ll earn.
Help to resist temptation
You'll get one free withdrawal every month. After that you'll be charged $5 for each withdrawal^ which includes automatic payments, transfers between your accounts and card transactions linked to your Rapid Save account.
Start saving and you could win a Range Rover Evoque
Open a Rapid Save account now in Internet or Mobile Banking
If you're already a BNZ customer and registered for Internet Banking, it's easy to open a new Rapid Save account in Internet or Mobile Banking. Just log in, and click '[+] Add an account', which appears alongside or below your existing accounts.
Tips for getting your bonus interest
Use your Rapid Save account and these Internet Banking tips to reach your goals and be paid bonus interest along the way.
Make deposits on time
Set up automatic payments for free within Internet Banking so you won’t need to remember each month to make a deposit into your Rapid Save account to increase your balance.
Get alerts for withdrawals
Set up a text message notification if you make a withdrawal from your Rapid Save account. Keep it top of mind that you can’t make another withdrawal within that same month without losing your bonus interest or being charged a fee.
Add a savings goal, load a personalised picture and nickname your account to match what you’re saving for. No matter what your goal is, it’s much easier to stay on track with daily visual reminders.
Rapid Save at a glance
- -% p.a. combined interest rate (-% p.a. base rate + -% p.a. bonus rate)
- 1 free withdrawal per month, and all subsequent withdrawals charged at $5 per transaction
- No minimum deposit amount required per month
- Award-winning Internet and Mobile Banking
- Free alerts
Works best with
Good for putting money aside and managing your short term or smaller savings goals. Earn the same rate of interest on every dollar no matter what your balance is. Manage everything online, from making deposits, to transfers between your other accounts and you'll pay no fees^.
Good for supercharging your existing savings at a fixed rate of interest for the length of term you choose. If you move money from your Rapid Save account to a term deposit, we won’t count it as a withdrawal, so you can start taking advantage of the term deposit benefits whenever suits you^.
Account opening and lending criteria, terms and fees apply. BNZ standard terms and conditions apply to all BNZ transaction and savings accounts. Details of our fees can be found in our Fees Guide. Rates and fees are subject to change.
A month refers to the period from the last business day of the previous calendar month to the second to last business day of the current calendar month. For the month that an account is opened, the opening balance is nil. In order to qualify for bonus interest, a deposit must be made to the account (not including any interest paid) at any time before the end of that month, and must be greater than any withdrawal made. Bonus criteria regarding one withdrawal a month still applies.
$5 withdrawal fee applies per withdrawal for all subsequent withdrawals per month. A withdrawal includes transferring your money from your Rapid Save account to one of your other BNZ accounts.
Personal OnCall is not available for Companies and Trusts.
Account opening criteria, terms and conditions apply and are available on request, in store or on bnz.co.nz
*Car Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Car Prize Draw occurs in the three Applicable Bank Months. The Applicable Bank Months are:
a. 31 March 2017 to 27 April 2017;
b. 28 April 2017 to 30 May 2017; and
c. 31 May 2017 to 29 June 2017.
- There is one prize to be won each Applicable Bank Month, being a Range Rover Evoque TD4 SE (“Prize”), valued at $82,450 RRP.
- To be eligible to enter into the prize draw for a Applicable Bank Month, a customer must (“Eligible Entrants”):
a) be a 16+ New Zealand resident with a Rapid Save account that is opened either before or during the Applicable Bank Month and remains continuously open for at least 10 days following the end of the particular Applicable Bank Month; and
b) earn bonus interest (i.e. deposit more than they withdraw and make no more than one withdrawal per month) on that account in the Applicable Bank Month.
- The account balance of each Eligible Entrant’s Rapid Save account (or each account balance, for those Eligible Entrants who have multiple Rapid Save accounts meeting the above criteria) will be measured at the start date and end date of the Applicable Bank Month. For every $100 that the balance has increased from the start date to the end date of the Applicable Bank Month, the Eligible Entrant will receive one entry. There will be no partial entries for amounts less than $100. For Rapid Save accounts not open at the start of the Applicable Bank Month, the balance at the start date will be considered to be $0.
- The winner for each Applicable Bank Month will be drawn at random from the pool of all Eligible Entrants’ entries for the Applicable month within 10 days of the end of the Applicable Bank Month.
- Each Prize is subject to the following terms and conditions:
a. The winner will need to visit their nearest Range Rover dealer to arrange collection of the prize, and verify their identity with a current photo ID.
b. The Prize is provided with standard accessories. If the winner elects any additional accessories for, or alterations to, the vehicle, such accessories or alterations will be at their sole expense.
c. The Prize includes all on road costs. Insurance and any other costs incurred by the winner in excess of the vehicle will be to the account and sole expense of the winner.
- The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize draw supervisor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by telephone or in writing using the details held by BNZ. If a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts by BNZ to arrange collection or is unwilling to claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn from the same pool of entries from which the forfeited Prize was drawn (excluding those of the forfeiting winner).
- Each winner agrees that their name and photograph may be used by BNZ from time to time for promotional purposes. Further, each winner agrees to participate in a phone call so that BNZ can record their savings tip and use this, alongside their name and image, to promote the prize draw over the following months.
- Neither BNZ employees (as well as their immediate families living at the same address) nor associated agencies of BNZ are eligible to enter into the prize draw.
- BNZ reserves the right not to award a Prize where there is any breach of these terms. BNZ also reserves the right not to award a Prize to a customer whose accounts are in default or have been closed during or after the competition period due to misconduct.
- BNZ reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate the prize draw at any time.
- To the extent permitted by law, BNZ, its employees and agents shall not be liable for any claims, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential), as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with, the prize draw, or its Prizes.
- The promoter of this competition is BNZ, PO Box 2392, Wellington, New Zealand.
- BNZ accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of any person participating in the prize draw.