Terms and conditions
By operating any of your accounts with us you agree to be bound by our Standard Terms and Conditions.
In addition, you must read and accept any specific product terms and conditions before applying for any of these products/facilities.
In using this site, you also agree to be bound by the website terms and conditions.
Product terms and conditions
Personal banking terms and conditions
Eftpos and Flexi Debit Visa
- Personal Overdraft Agreement PDF 78KB SAMPLE LETTER
- YouMoney Tertiary Overdraft Agreement PDF 78KB SAMPLE LETTER
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking (see Internet Banking terms and conditions)
- Automatic Payments
- Telegraphic Transfers
Memorandum of Mortgage
- for loans entered into from 6 June 2015 PDF 949KB
- for loans entered into prior to 6 June 2015, please contact us to get a copy of the relevant Memorandum of Mortgage.
Home Loan Facility Master Agreement
For Home Loans:
- entered into from 4 December 2023 pdf 239kb
- entered into from 1 April 2005 to 3 December 2023 pdf 3307kb
- entered into from 1 January 2001 to 31 March 2005 pdf 117kb
For Rapid Repay loans:
- entered into from August 2007 to 5 April 2008 PDF 117KB
- entered into from 1 April 2005 to August 2007 PDF 118KB
Contact us to get a copy of your agreement for
- amortisation home loans entered into before 14 August 2016 (amortisation home loans are loans where the documented term is shorter than the term used to set up your payments); and
- home loans entered into before 1 January 2001.
TotalMoney terms and conditions
- Personal and Sole Trader - BNZ TotalMoney Accounts terms and conditions PDF 83KB
- Companies and Trusts - BNZ TotalMoney Accounts terms and conditions PDF 58KB
By operating a BNZ credit card you agree to be bound by the specific terms and conditions for your credit card.
BNZ credit card terms and conditions apply to BNZ Visa Classic, Visa Platinum, Visa Limited Edition Platinum, BNZ Advantage Visa Classic, BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum, BNZ Advantage Visa Business and Visa Lite.
- BNZ credit card terms and conditions PDF 251KB
- BNZ Term PIE Terms and Conditions PDF 253KB
- Advanced Personal Loan standard terms and conditions PDF 155KB
(for loans approved on or after 16 May 2014)
- Advanced & Anytime Personal Loan standard terms and conditions PDF 271KB
(for loans approved on or before 15 May 2014)
StepUP loans are low interest loans that are no longer offered. They were a product of the Good Loans programme until 30 September 2022. The following terms and lending criteria apply to existing StepUp loans, where BNZ is the lender.
- Your Advanced Personal Loan standard terms and conditions PDF 220KB
(for StepUP loans offered with the assistance of Community Partners approved on or after 14 November 2016)
- Your Advanced Personal Loan standard terms and conditions PDF 281KB
(for StepUP loans offered with the assistance of Community Partners approved on or before 13 November 2016)
- Advanced Personal Loans current charges PDF 30KB
Good Loans are no interest loans provided by Good Shepherd and other community organisations. BNZ helps to fund these loans but is not the lender. Visit goodloans.org.nz for more information about Good Loans.
- BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme Product Disclosure Statement PDF 675KB
- BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme Governing Document pdf 593KB
- BNZ KiwiSaver Scheme Statement of Investment Policy and Objectives pdf 685kb
On 30 September 2022, BNZ Life Insurance Limited (BNZ Life) was sold to Partners Life Limited (Partners Life). Partners Life is now the service provider and underwriter of your life insurance policy. This means Bank of New Zealand is no longer involved with life insurance advice or service. For life insurance terms and conditions, please contact Partners Life Limited on 0800 808 648 or +64 995 15020.
PremierCare (house, contents, vehicle, and boat insurance)
- PremierCare policy document PDF 2.1MB
Asset finance - Consumer
Business banking terms and conditions
- Business and Agribusiness account, service and facility fees PDF 146KB
- Trade finance fee schedule PDF 58KB
- Internet Banking for Business
- Foreign Exchange Dealing in Internet Banking for Business
- Client Fund Services
- Automatic Payments
- Telegraphic Transfers
Borrow and finance
Business Lending Master Terms and Conditions
You may need to read more than one version of the terms and conditions below depending on the date of your loan agreement. If you have a Letter of Advice, please refer to your Loan Facility Master agreement.
Additional business lending terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the applicable Master Terms.
- BNZ credit card terms and conditions PDF 251KB
Apply to BNZ Advantage Visa Business
- Business First, Purchasing, ePurchasing Visa Cards terms and conditions PDF 197KB
The information on our website, in publications, or emails (“publication”) is provided for general information only, and is a summary based on selective information which may not be complete for your purposes. Bank of New Zealand recommends recipients seek independent advice prior to acting in relation to any of the matters discussed in this publication.
Any statements as to past performance do not represent future performance, and no statements as to future matters are guaranteed to be accurate or reliable.
To the maximum extent permissible by law, neither Bank of New Zealand nor any other person involved in this publication accepts any liability for any loss or damage whatsoever which may directly or indirectly result from any information contained in or omitted from (whether negligently or otherwise) this publication.
Financial Advice Disclosure and Nature and Scope Disclosure
BNZ holds a financial advice provider licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority. The Financial Advice Disclosure and Nature and Scope Disclosure document provides important information about the financial adviser services BNZ Markets can provide.
Website terms and conditions
You acknowledge and accept that your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these website terms and conditions.
- New Zealand law: the information contained on this site has been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law for the supply of products and services in New Zealand only.
- For New Zealand residents: the information on this site is provided for New Zealand residents only. Any offer of securities on this site is only an offer to persons resident in New Zealand and is not available for subscription by any person outside New Zealand.
- General information: the information on this site is for general information only. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information is current and accurate, the information is selective and may not be complete or suitable for your intended use.
- Independent advice: we strongly recommend that you seek independent advice before acting on any information on this site. This site is not designed for the purpose of providing personal financial or investment advice.
- Access to and permitted uses: you acknowledge that access to and use of this site is not guaranteed and may be limited or blocked, without prior notice, for operational or other reasons. You must not use this site for any unauthorised, false, or fraudulent activities and you must not take any action that could interfere with the normal operation of this site. We may restrict or block your access to and use of this site at any time if we reasonably believe that you may have breached any term of these website terms and conditions.
- Intellectual property: your use of this site must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. The material on this site is protected by copyright law, and the Bank of New Zealand’s names and logos are our trademarks and are protected by trademark law.
- Third party features, products, and services: any third party features, applications, products, and/or services that may be available for use on this site or that may be accessed via this site, are subject to compliance with the applicable third party’s terms and conditions. You take full responsibility for your dealings with the third parties and your use of their features, applications, products, and/or services.
- Subject to change: we can change these website terms and conditions at any time and your continued use of this site is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions as updated.
- Other terms and conditions: these website terms and conditions are in addition to and do not replace any terms and conditions for BNZ accounts, products, or services (product terms). If any of these website terms and conditions conflict with any product terms, the product terms will prevail.
- Liability: subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded and to all provisions implied by statute which cannot be excluded, BNZ accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost, or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission, or misrepresentation in any information in this site or our failure to provide this site.
- No deemed consent: publication of email addresses should not be taken as deemed consent to receiving unsolicited email.
- Suggestions and ideas: we value the comments and suggestions you have on our website and products. Any suggestions you submit to us on our website will become the bank’s intellectual property, and may be used by us in any way without any payment or notice to you. This doesn’t affect our obligations to you about your personal information.