Plus these security features
World-leading card security
Our liquid encryption security technology updates the security information on your card's magnetic strip each time you use it at our ATMs.
If your credit card is used without your permission, you won’t have to pay for those purchases as long as you’ve met your credit card terms and conditions.
Purchase protection cover
If you buy something and don’t receive it or you return an item and don’t get a refund, we can help get your money back if you let us know within 30 days of getting your statement.
Credit cards help and support
If your card is lost or stolen call 0800 735 901 (24 hours)
Or call us collect from a land line from here or overseas +64 4 473 5901
- Lost or stolen cards
- Unusual transactions
- Using your card overseas
- Shopping online
- Card fraud
- Updating your card details
- How a balance transfer works
- Change your credit card limit
- Paying your credit card bill
- Credit card interest and fees explained
- What credit card is best for you?
- Managing your rewards in Internet Banking
- Financial hardship
- Activate your travel insurance
- Insurance for your credit card
BNZ lending criteria and account fees apply. Other fees and charges may apply.
- Rates subject to change. Please see our public notices for information on any upcoming rate changes.
- Balance Transfer terms and conditions apply.
- Account fees are subject to change.
- Replacement card fee plus postage costs if we have to send the card to you overseas or by urgent courier, may be charged immediately to your account.
- Fly Buys terms and conditions apply. Fly Buys collection, conversion and redemption rates are subject to change without notice. BNZ (and its related companies) does not guarantee the redemption of Fly Buys or that Fly Buys will continue to be offered for product or services provided by them. To join Fly Buys visit flybuys.co.nz Rewards are earned on eligible purchases, which exclude cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, bank fees, gambling, betting and lottery transactions, government charges and unauthorised transactions for which you are not liable.
- 90 Day Platinum International Leisure Travel Insurance and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover ('Insurance') is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and eligibility criteria contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Platinum cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
- Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty and PriceGuard ('Covers') are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions (for example claim limits) contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Covers meet your needs. The Insurance is provided to cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited ('Insurer') under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Covers, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer.
- Total maximum ATM cash advance value, in a 24 hour period, from your credit card account.
- For Platinum cardholders, cash advance fees will be waived if your credit card account is in credit after the cash advance is made.
Travel insurance policies
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.