Setting up push notifications
Types of push notifications
Balances and payments
- Money in (deposits) - lets you know when money comes in to one of your everyday or savings accounts.
- Money out (withdrawals) - lets you know when money goes out of one of your everyday or savings accounts.
- Available funds fall below - notifies you when available funds in one of your everyday or savings accounts falls below a set amount that you choose.
- Available funds rise above - notifies you when the available funds in one of your everyday or savings accounts rises above a set amount that you choose.
Warnings and fees
- Retrying payments - lets you know when a payment has failed and is retrying, when it succeeds, and if it continues to fail, that it is cancelled.
- Account overdrawn - notifies you when you’ve gone in to overdraft.
- Overdraft limit approaching - lets you know when your account is within a selected amount of your overdraft limit.
Cards and loans
- Credit card or personal loan payment due - notifies you five days before the due date.
- Statements available - notifies you when you have a new statement.
How push notifications work
Push notifications will pop up on your device screen. In most cases they will happen at the time, but sometimes there could be a delay because of things like processing times, or no internet connection.
If you’ve got the BNZ app on multiple devices and have push notifications turned on, you’ll get notifications on all those devices.
How to set up notifications
Log in to the BNZ app and either:
- tap on the ‘Bell’ icon at the top right of your screen then the ‘Settings cog’ icon; or
- tap on Menu >Settings, and then Notifications.
Money in or out, Balances notifications
- Choose the account you want to be notified about.
- Choose the type of notification you want to set up. You can set up four types of notifications for your everyday or savings accounts: Money in, Balance rises above, Money out, and Balance falls below.
- When setting up your push notification for Money in or out, you can be notified about either all transactions or tap on all transactions to choose the amount you want to be notified about.
- For balances, choose the balance amount that you want to be notified about.
Warnings, fees, cards and loans notifications
- Tap the button to the right of the notification type you’d like to receive, to turn it on. Tap again to turn it off.
- Select the account you want to be notified about.
- Tap on Statement available.
- Select the account(s) you want to receive notifications for, when statements are available.
Manage your notifications
If you don’t want to get notifications at certain times, like at night or in meetings, you can manage this on your device. For example, your device may have a Do Not Disturb setting or can be put on silent.
You can update push notifications or turn them off at any time under Settings in the BNZ app. Or if you’d like to get notifications by email, you can set up email notifications in Internet Banking.