Setting up notifications
You can set up notifications^ to your mobile and email to help you keep track of your everyday accounts.
How to set up a notification
- Log in to internet banking and click on Menu in the top-left corner
- Click on Notifications
- Choose your notification by clicking the green slider or Add
- Enter the relevant information and click Next
- Choose how you want to receive your notification (mobile, email and/or work email) and click Save.
- If you want to change or delete your notification, simply click Edit.
Text message notifications will not be sent after 10pm and are held until 8am. If you want to change this, go to Notifications, scroll down to Settings, then disable Quiet times using the green slider.
To manage notifications for statements, personal loans or credit cards, go to Menu, click on Documents, then click on Settings. This service is only available if you’ve chosen not to receive paper statements.
Types of notifications
- Retrying and failed payments - Find out if there's a problem with a payment you’ve set up. We'll also let you know if this payment is successful or fails completely.
- Overdrawn accounts - Find out when one of your everyday accounts is overdrawn.
- Money in (deposits) - Find out when money comes into one of your everyday accounts.
- Money out (withdrawals) - Find out when money goes out of one of your everyday accounts.
- Available funds fall below - Find out when the available funds in one of your everyday accounts fall below a set amount.
- Available funds rise above - Find out when the available funds in one of your everyday accounts rise above a set amount.
- Account balances - Find out your everyday account balance as at the close of the previous business day.
Tip: By setting up an overdrawn account notification, you’ll know as soon as you go into unarranged overdraft, so you’ll be able to fix it straight away. If your account is no longer overdrawn by 11.45pm the following business day, the fee won’t be applied.