Setting up email notifications
You can set up free email notifications^ to help you keep track of your everyday accounts. You can also get email notifications for statements, credit cards and personal loans.
If you have the BNZ app, you can set up push notifications on your mobile device.
How to set up an email notification
- Log in to Internet Banking and click on Menu in the top-left corner.
- Click on Notifications.
- Choose your notification by clicking the green slider or Add.
- Enter the relevant information and click Next.
- Choose whether you receive your notification to your email, work email, or both, and click Save.
- If you want to change or delete your notification, click Edit.
Email message notifications are free to receive. They will not be sent after 10pm and are held until 8am. If you want to change this, go to Notifications, scroll down to Settings, then disable Quiet times using the green slider.
Types of email notifications
- Retrying and failed payments - find out if there’s a problem with a payment you’ve set up. After retrying the payment, we’ll also let you know if it’s successful or if it fails.
- Overdrawn accounts - find out when one of your everyday accounts is overdrawn.
- Money in (deposits) - find out when money comes into one of your everyday accounts.
- Money out (withdrawals) - find out when money goes out of one of your everyday accounts.
- Available funds fall below - find out when the available funds in one of your everyday accounts fall below a set amount.
- Available funds rise above - find out when the available funds in one of your everyday accounts rise above a set amount.
- Account balances at end of previous day - find out your everyday account balance as at the close of the previous business day.
Tip: By setting up an overdrawn account notification, you’ll know as soon as you go into unarranged overdraft, so you’ll be able to fix it straight away. If your account is no longer overdrawn by 11.45pm the following business day, the fee won’t be applied.
Email notifications for statements, credit cards and personal loans
- Go to Menu and click on Documents.
- Click on Settings and then click Edit.
- Select or unselect the tickboxes to choose whether you receive a notification when your everyday account statement is available, or when your credit card or personal loan payment is due.
- Click Next.
- Choose whether you receive your notification to your email, work email, or both, and then click Save.