Changes to foreign cheque deposits and issuing
From 30 November 2017, BNZ will no longer:
- deposit funds into your BNZ account for Euro (EUR) cheques, before the cheque is fully processed,
- issue international cheque in Hong Kong dollars (HKD).
Euro cheques can be deposited via an Overseas Cheque Collection* or you can arrange with the sender to make payments directly into your BNZ account via a Telegraphic Transfer.
*Overseas Cheque Collections:
- The collection may take 1 - 5 weeks, as cheques are sent overseas and responses back to BNZ are dependent on each bank’s own processing times. We cannot control the process.
- BNZ charges apply for processing an item on overseas cheque collection, plus the courier charges.
- The overseas bank will also deduct their own processing fee (unknown amount) from the proceeds.
- Overseas banks may decline a cheque for collection if it is under NZD250.00, as the fees may cut into the returning funds.
Rates are shown for information purposes only and are updated on business days only
All rates listed are foreign units to one NZ Dollar (NZ$1)
To purchase foreign cash a 1% fee and $10 minimum applies
TT Buy and TT Sell rates apply to electronic International Money Transfers
When converting Foreign Cash to NZ Dollars a $5 fee will apply to non-BNZ customers.
Foreign Cash Buy transactions for non-BNZ customers are restricted to a maximum value of NZ$1,000.