Rates and fees
For all new lending entered into from 23 October 2018, we have two different interest rate types depending on how your lending is secured.
- The Residential Owner Occupied rate applies to home loans that are directly secured against the home that you live in.
- The Residential Investor rate applies to home loans that are directly secured by only a residential investment property or properties.
For all home loans entered into before 23 October 2018, see the applicable rates here.
Residential Owner Occupied rates^
|Name||Type||Floating^||6 months||1 year||18 months||2 years||3 years||4 years||5 years||7 years|
||Fixed or floating||-%||-%||-%||-%||-%||-%||-%||-%||-%|
- Personal home loan set up: Up to $400.
- Non-personal home loan set up (such as for an investment property or a family trust): Up to 1% of the amount of the loan.
- Re-fix or roll over: No fee^.
- Top up your loan: Up to $150.
- Redocumentation if required: $150.
- $25 each time we have to pay council rates for your property on your behalf.
- Rapid Repay revolving home loan: $2 monthly base fee, 35 cents per electronic transaction and 75 cents per manual transaction.
- Mortgage One revolving home loan: $2 monthly base fee.
Low equity interest rate premium
A low equity interest rate premium will apply to all loans with less than 20% equity (more than 80% Loan to Value Ratio – LVR). If you have:
- between 80.01% – 85% LVR you’ll pay a premium of 0.35%
- between 85.01% – 90% you’ll pay 0.75%
- between 90.01% – 95% you’ll pay 1.00%
- over 95.01% you’ll pay 1.15%.
Default interest rate
A default interest rate may apply if a loan repayment is not made when it is due. The default interest rate is the current interest rate that applies to your loan, plus 2.00% p.a.
Home loan calculators
Use our calculators as a guide to find out what you could borrow, pay and save.
How much you could borrow
Work out how much you might be able to borrow based on the size of your deposit, your current income and expenses.
Work out your repayments
Finding out what your mortgage repayments might be can help when budgeting for and choosing a home.
Save with an offset loan
Work out how much you might be able to save on interest, and off the overall length of your TotalMoney home loan.
Home loans help and support
If you need some help call 0800 275 269