Staying safe and secure with Apple Pay
Using Apple Pay with your eligible BNZ credit and debit cards is private and secure. Apple Pay is designed to protect your personal information, transaction data, credit and debit card information with industry-leading security.
- Every time you make a purchase, you’ll need to authorise the payment via Touch ID or your passcode.
- Your card details are never shared with merchants or stored on your device.
- Apple doesn’t store or have access to any of the credit or debit card details you add to Apple Pay.
- When you pay in apps or Safari, the merchant will only receive information such as your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses that you authorise to share in order to fulfil your order.
- To help ensure the security of Apple Pay, you must have a passcode or Touch ID set on your device.
- Do not share your passcode with anyone, including your family members.
- Ensure no-one has their fingerprint registered to your device while your card is registered in Apple Pay.
If you experience unusual activity while using Apple Pay with your BNZ card, please contact us straight away on 0800 275 269.
Visit Apple’s website for more information on Apple Pay security.