Help & Support
Adding an international payee
Before you get started
You’ll need to have the:
- account you want to withdraw the funds from
- currency you want to send
- payee’s full name (this must match their account name exactly) and physical address
- payee’s IBAN or account number, as well as any other bank codes needed to send a payment to their country, such as national clearing codes or SWIFT codes.
How to add a payee in the app
- Log in to the BNZ Business app.
- Tap the menu and select International payment.
- Select Someone new – Create a new payee.
- Enter the payee’s name, the country of their bank, and the currency you want to pay them with.
- Depending on the country and currency you selected, you’ll be asked to enter either:
- an account number with a valid national clearing code or SWIFT code, or
- a valid IBAN number.
- Enter the payee’s street address and country.
- Select the account you want to withdraw the payment from.
- Choose your preferred fee option.
- The standard fee option is a BNZ service fee – any fees charged by your payee’s bank or correspondent banks will be deducted from the payment amount.
- The standard and correspondent fee option includes the BNZ service fee and a one-time fee that covers any fees charged by correspondent banks. Your payee’s bank fees may still apply.
- Select the account you want your fee option to be withdrawn from.
- Select Next to set up a payment for your new payee.