Help & Support
Adding an international payee in the BNZ business app
You can add an international payee in the BNZ Business app or Internet Banking for Business.
Before you get started
You’ll need to know the:
- currency you want to send
- payee’s full name (this must match their account name exactly) and physical address
- payee’s IBAN or account number, as well as any other bank codes needed to send a payment to their country, such as national clearing codes, SWIFT codes, or purpose codes.
How to add a payee in the app
- Log in to the BNZ Business app.
- Tap the menu and select International payment.
- Select Someone new – Create a new payee.
- Enter the payee’s name, the country of their bank, and the currency you want to pay them with.
- Depending on the country and currency you selected, you’ll be asked to enter either:
- an account number with a valid national clearing code or SWIFT code, or
- a valid IBAN number.
- Enter the payee’s street address and country.
- Select Next to set up a payment for your new payee.