Help & Support
Setting up an international payment
You can set up an international payment either when you’re creating an international payee in the app, or by following these steps.
- Log in to the BNZ Business app.
- From the menu, select International payment.
- Select an existing payee (if you’re not paying an existing payee, you’ll need to add a new international payee first).
- Enter the amount you want to send, either in the currency of the payee’s bank or in an equivalent NZD (New Zealand Dollar) amount.
- The amount you enter will be displayed in the equivalent currency underneath the amount field.
- The conversion rate is an indication of the rate that will be used.
- When you authorise the payment, you can see and accept the final conversion rate.
- Enter the date you want the payment sent. Please note that payments cannot be sent during weekends or a currency holiday.
- Enter the reason for the payment, which will be received by the payee’s bank.
- For your own statement, you can also enter optional particulars or a code.
- Select Next.
- Review the payment details to check they’re correct. Select Back to make any changes, or select Submit to send the payment to be approved by an Authoriser in your business.