Māori Business - Te Wāhanga Māori
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Wāhanga Māori o te Pēke o Aotearoa. Ko te tumanako mā mātou koutou e awhina i roto i nga tini āhuatanga o te whai pūtea, o te tiaki pūtea hoki. Hei aha ra? Kia eke panuku, kia eke tangaroa.
How we can help you
He ratonga hei āwhina i a koutou
Grow and develop Māori business
We help Māori and Māori businesses to grow and achieve their financial and business goals by connecting them to the right people, products, and services.
Extensive banking and social networks
We use our banking and Māori support networks to connect you with other Māori and non-Māori who can help you achieve your business and financial goals.
We recognise the importance of one-on-one relationships with Māori businesses and/or iwi from around New Zealand. We'll find the right person who you'll feel comfortable doing business with.
Banking solutions for Māori and Māori businesses^
- Discounted banking packages - Our 'Your Association Benefits' discounted banking packages are available to qualifying employees or iwi members of eligible iwi organisations.^
- Treaty of Waitangi Settlement Process Facility - the ability to borrow funds to help get through the treaty settlement process.
Other services - Ētehi atu ratonga
Sharing our knowledge and resources
We’ve produced thought leadership papers specifically for Māori organisations.
- Investing Fundamentals: A Primer for Māori Organisations (PDF 831KB July 2014)
- Iwi Distribution Policy: Supplementary Paper (PDF 328KB JULY 2014)
- Distribution and Spending Policies: Considerations for Iwi (PDF 1.2MB December 2012)
Supporting the Māori community
We foster success and development in the Māori community by:
- Offering financial literacy programmes for individuals, marae treasurers, governors, and future facilitators.
- Sponsoring the two largest Māori business awards in New Zealand - Ahuwhenua Māori Excellence in Farming Award and the Aotearoa NZ Māori Business Leaders award.
- Initiating the Te Pihinga Māori Cadetship programme.
Contact us - Whakapā mai
We have over 30 regional banking specialists working with Māori and Māori organisations all over New Zealand who are ready to help you.
If you’d like help from us or one of these regional banking specialists, leave us your details and we’ll get in touch with you.
Or call 0800 275 269