How to shop safely on the internet.
A BNZ credit card or Flexi Debit Visa card is ideal for shopping online.You can get an extra level of security with Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. With NetPledge and NetPromise, you'll also get peace of mind knowing you're covered should something go wrong.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
When you register your BNZ credit or debit card for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode, you create a unique password that is used to verify your details with participating retailers when you shop online.
How to register
For more information read our frequently asked questions and answers.
NetPledge and NetPromise
NetPledge and NetPromise are part of our commitment to help make sure you're protected when shopping online, so you'll be better off.
- You won't be liable if your BNZ card is ever used without your permission for shopping on the internet, provided you still have your card and you've complied with your credit card terms and conditions.
- You will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions on your account if your card is lost or stolen, provided you've complied with your credit card terms and conditions, you haven't given someone else your card details or permission to use it, and you report the loss within a reasonable time.
- If you shop online and don't receive your purchases, or you return the items you bought and don't get a refund, we can help you to get your money back, provided you contact us within 30 days.
What to look for when you shop online
To ensure your online purchases are secure, always check the retailer uses NetPledge and NetPromise. If they do, they'll have:
- An address that begins with https, such as https://www.example.com
- A website that makes a key or closed padlock show in your browser
- A published security and privacy statement on their website
- A returns policy