Help & Support
Same-day cleared payments
Use same-day cleared payments to transfer a single payment to another New Zealand bank account, e.g. during a real estate settlement or for customs clearances.
Same-day cleared payments are made as soon as they’re authorised. They can’t be reversed and you’ll pay a fee for each transaction.
How to make a same-day cleared payment
To make a same-day cleared payment, go to the ‘Transfer/Pay’ tab of Internet Banking for Business, then:
- choose ‘Make a same-day cleared payment’ from the left-hand menu
- choose the account you want to make a payment from and enter the amount
- choose ‘Beneficiary Account Payment’, or ‘Beneficiary SWIFT BIC’ if you’re paying the New Zealand Stock exchange, and select ‘Next’
- enter the details of the person you want to make a payment to
- enter the payee’s email address if you want them to be notified when the payment is made
- click on ‘Next’ to finish creating the payment
- click on ‘Next/Proceed to Authorisation’. Your payment will be transferred as soon as it is authorised.