Want to take off with some spending money in your pocket? We can help with foreign cash, or a prepaid cash passport. It doesn’t matter who you bank with, where you’re from, or where you’re going.
How would your money like to travel?
Cash Passport 1, 2
- A prepaid travel money card that allows you load up to nine currencies on one card
- Chip and PIN protected for premium security and worldwide acceptance
- Access your prepaid money at over 35.9 million locations and online
- Manage your prepaid card online. You can view transactions, move funds between purses and check your balance at cashpassport.com/multi
- Supported worldwide by Cash Passport 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance programme
- Available from any BNZ store, you don't need to be a BNZ customer2
- Find out more about Cash Passport
- Collect 10 Fly Buys points when you purchase NZ$500 or more of foreign currency cash3
- Calculate your foreign currency
- We buy and sell foreign cash notes in a wide range of currencies
- When you’re traveling overseas, we recommend you take a small amount of the local currency for things like taxis, coffees and tipping
- Remember, if your cash is lost or stolen it can’t be replaced
- Check out our foreign exchange rates
- Order online now or visit any BNZ store
There's more to taking off than money
For help with getting ready for your overseas trip check our page of handy travel tips.
You'll be able to access your accounts with a Flexi Debit Visa card, and Internet Banking can help you manage your money while you're overseas.
Need Australian dollars?
You can buy Australian dollars directly from selected ATMs in Auckland and Wellington.
Find a foreign currency ATM