Get cover in minutes for you and your family, and with a 24-hour emergency assistance helpline, you know you'll be protected if something unexpected happens.
Win $2,000 worth of travel
Get a BNZ Travel Insurance policy before 30 May 2017 and go in to the draw to win a $2,000 travel gift card*.
Key features and benefits
- Optional cover if you're travelling on business
- Cover for any special items over $2,000 and up to a maximum of $5,000 per item
- Third party legal liability cover up to $2.5m
- Sort out all your other travel needs at the same time, such as foreign exchange, a Flexi Debit Visa, or Cash Passport
- Arrange cover for pre-existing medical conditions
- 24-hour emergency travel assistance helpline, anytime, anywhere
- 7-day free-look period with full premium refund (unless you have started travel).
Safe travel advisories
For the full details of this travel insurance, including the benefits, limits, excesses, and exclusions, please refer to the BNZ Travel Insurance Policy PDF 132KB.
To get this travel insurance (or if you have any questions) call us on 0800 269 872, between 8.00am - 8:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 9.00am - 5.00pm Saturday.
Get travel insurance at no extra cost
If you’re a BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum cardholder, you could get up to 90 days international travel insurance at no extra cost^.
Insurance help and support
You can get travel insurance online or if you have any questions call us on 0800 269 872 (or call us collect from a land line from here or overseas on +64 (9) 525 0190), between 8.00am - 8:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 9.00am - 5.00pm Saturday.
Approval criteria, terms and fees apply. Fees are subject to change. BNZ Travel Insurance is underwritten by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (Cigna) who will be responsible for all claims and other matters relating to your policy. BNZ does not guarantee the obligations of Cigna, so if Cigna refuses your claim, BNZ will not be liable. BNZ arranges travel insurance as an agent for Cigna and receives a commission on any policies sold. Full details of your cover and copy of your policy document is available by calling Cigna on 0800 269 872. Any insurance cover is subject to approval of a completed application and terms, conditions and exclusions do apply. Our Qualifying Financial Entity Disclosure Statement is available free of charge from any BNZ Store.
90 Day Platinum International Leisure Travel Insurance (pdf 418kb) and Accidental Death and Disablement (Common Carrier) cover (‘Insurance’) is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions (for example business travel, age limitations etc.) and eligibility criteria contained in the policy document. You should read the policy document to make sure that the Insurance meets your needs. The Insurance is provided to Platinum cardholders by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Insurer’) under an agreement with BNZ. BNZ does not underwrite the Insurance, is not an agent of the Insurer, and does not guarantee the obligations of the Insurer. Premiums are payable for policy extensions such as pre-existing cover, duration extension and specified items.
*The BNZ Travel Insurance Campaign 2017
- Purchase any BNZ Travel Insurance with BNZ and go into the draw for a $2,000 (incl GST) ‘helloworld’ Travel gift card (“Prize”).
- To be eligible, entrants must have purchased a BNZ Travel insurance policy between 3 April and 30 May 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- To get the Prize, the entrant must not cancel their policy within the seven day Free Look Period.
- Only one entry per customer, per policy.
- The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The Prize will be awarded to the first adult named on the insurance policy, or the parent/guardian in the case of unaccompanied minor policies.
- The winner of the Prize must be currently residing in New Zealand. Entry is open to all New Zealand residents except employees of BNZ and Cigna and their immediate families.
- BNZ, Cigna and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion.
- The Prize draw will take place at BNZ Insurance, 125 The Terrace, Wellington 6011 on 7 June 2017.
- The winner will be notified, in the first instance, by phone or email within two days of the prize draw. If the winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts within one week the prize will be forfeited and another winner drawn.
- The prize draw supervisor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees that his or her name and photograph may be used in internal BNZ communications about their win for promotional purposes.
- BNZ and Bank of New Zealand Insurances reserve the right to vary, suspend or terminate the prize draw without notice at any time.
- BNZ collects and holds all entrants personal information solely for the purposes of conducting this specific Prize Draw promotion and will only use or disclose personal information in connection with this specific Prize Draw. BNZ and Cigna comply with the Privacy Act 1993. To view our policies please visit http://www.cigna.co.nz/privacy or our Privacy page.
- BNZ policy criteria, and insurance terms and conditions apply. The winner of the Prize will be bound by the specific gift card Terms & Conditions outlined by ‘helloworld’. https://helloworld.co.nz/special/gift-card
HELLOWORLD GIFT CARDS: Value is loaded in NZD and cannot be exchanged for another currency. Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. Redeemable for merchandise or services at participating helloworld stores in New Zealand only (excluding travellers cheques and bookings made online). Not redeemable for cash and cannot be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts; must be redeemed before expiry date shown on card; will be void and cannot be redeemed after expiry date; cannot be reloaded; is partially redeemable. If purchase exceeds available card balance, you must make up the difference with another payment method.