COVID-19 (coronavirus) and life insurance claims
If you already have life insurance with us, you can claim for COVID-19 impacts, provided you meet the terms and conditions of your policy.
LifeCare life insurance
If you already have an existing Redundancy benefit you can claim for COVID-19 impacts, provided you meet the LifeCare terms and conditions.
Key things to know about Redundancy cover:
- you need to be specifically made redundant from permanent employment, so being temporarily unable to work is not covered.
- This benefit does not cover people who are made redundant or advised of the possibility of redundancy within the first six months of cover.
- It also excludes any redundancy when the person should reasonably have known there was a possibility of this occurring when they applied for cover.
Temporary Disability (Income Protection) cover
If you have Temporary Disability cover, you can claim provided you meet the LifeCare terms and conditions of your policy. Please note that if you want to claim, you’ll need to meet these conditions:
- you’re medically unfit to work from illness of injury (including COVID-19 illness)
- unable to perform activities of daily living, if you weren’t working at the time of the illness or injury.
You must also be totally unable to work for at least 30 days, and continue to be totally or partially unable to work for the length of your selected stand down period (30, 60, or 90 days), after the date of your illness begins.
You won’t be able to claim if you’re fit for work but are:
- in quarantine or self-isolation
- unable to attend your place of work
- unable to work because you’re taking care of someone else
- made redundant (there may be cover if you also have the Redundancy benefit).
EasyCover life insurance
EasyCover is temporarily closed to new applicants and increases, as we’re unable to assess individuals’ COVID-19 risk before offering cover. You can apply for LifeCare insurance as an alternative option.
If you already have this product you are covered for COVID-19 (coronavirus) impacts, provided you meet the EasyCover terms and conditions.
If you have any other questions or concerns about your coverage, call us on 0800 808 648 (Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm).