Help & Support
Use the bill payment function to pay organisations like your power company or internet provider. Follow these steps or use the downloadable guide PDF 721KB.
Add a company or organisation to your bill payees list
You can save a person or organisation as a payee, and use their saved details every time you need to make a payment.
- Log into Internet Banking for Business, click on Transfer/Pay.
- Click Add a New Bill Payee.
- Select one of the three options available.
- Search for a company name to set up as a payee. For example, to pay a utility bill or credit card.
- View the full list of companies that have registered their details with BNZ.
- Set up an individual payee. For example, to pay a contractor or landlord.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name, of part of the name of the company you want to pay and click Go.
- Find the company in the Search Results field.
- Enter the details you want to show on the bill payee’s account statement.
- Enter the details you want to show on your own account statement.
- Click Next to review the details of your new bill payee.
- Click Submit to add the payee. You can click Back to many any changes.
- If you’re ready to make a payment, you can click on Make Bill Payment Now.
If you can’t find a payee’s name, you can enter their details manually, by selecting set up an individual payee, clicking Next and filling out the form.
Make a bill payment
Before you can pay a company or organisation, you need to add them as a bill payee. You can then use their saved details every time you need to pay your bill.
To make or schedule a bill payment, follow the steps below.
- Log into Internet Banking for Business. click on Transfer/Pay.
- Select Make a Bill Payment.
- Click From Account to select the account you want to make the payment from.
- Click Payee Name to select from a list of your payees.
- Enter Payer Name if different from your company name.
- Enter the amount you want to pay.
- Choose when the payment goes out in the Payment Date field.
- Enter the particulars, code, and reference in the Your Statement and Payee’s Statement fields.
- Click on Next/Proceed to Authorisation.
- Your payment is now ready to be authorised.
Other payment options
Watch our video to find out how to make one-off payments, how to upload files, and how to create payment templates in Internet Banking for Business.