- EasyCover pays a lump sum if you die or become terminally ill
- You can choose any amount of protection between $10,000 and $100,000
- Money from a claim can be used in any way, for example it could help pay off debts, cover funeral costs and help with living expenses
- Pre-existing conditions are covered after three years
- Policy ownership can be transferred in the future
- Cover is available to anyone aged 16 to 64 and expires at the age of 65
Assessing your insurance needs
Get the right type and amount of insurance:
- Think about what goals you have, and what you need to continue to meet these and your living expenses.
- Talk to us - we'll help you assess your insurance needs.
Automatic acceptance for cover
You will be automatically accepted for EasyCover, which means no fitness or medical tests, if you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you have ever had an application for life, disability, sickness, or accident insurance on your life declined, deferred, withdrawn, or accepted with a loading or exclusion, or on other than standard terms, you are not eligible for EasyCover. You can't apply for EasyCover if you currently have another life insurance policy with BNZ Life (other than EasyCover).
Earn Fly Buys points
You can collect Fly Buys^ points based on the premium you pay. Premiums can be paid fortnightly, monthly or annually by direct debit or credit card. If paying annually, you can also pay by cheque
Keep your insurance close at hand in Internet Banking
You can quickly and easily view your insurance details online in Internet Banking. See your policy details anytime, or find out how to make a claim.
Payment options for Life Insurance
Download the form PDF 70KB
Financial Strength Rating
BNZ Life Insurance Ltd has an A 'Excellent' financial strength rating which was given by A.M. Best Company Inc.
The rating scale is: A++, A+ Superior | A, A- Excellent | B++, B+ Good | B, B- Fair | C++, C+ Marginal | C, C- Weak | D Poor | E Under Regulatory Supervision | F In Liquidation | S Suspended
Get in touch about EasyCover Insurance
Terms and conditions
- If your cover started on or after 16 March 2015, view and download a copy of the EasyCover General Terms and Conditions dated March 2015 PDF 132KB
- If your cover started before 16 March 2015, view and download a copy of EasyCover General Terms and Conditions dated April 2009 PDF 248KB