Help & Support
Downloading daily data files
Internet Banking for Business can generate daily statement files from the previous day for your accounts. This is called File Download.
What is File Download?
File Downloads is a function in Internet Banking for Business that allows you to download balance or transaction files to be used with third party accounting software. The files contain data from a single day for all your accounts of a certain type, and are in the BNZ GIFTS format.
These files differ from those you can download using the Transaction History function as they are automatically generated and are made available to download daily. They contain all transactions from a single day for all accounts of a certain type in one file. In Transaction History, you can download transactions from a single account across a customisable date range.
If you’re not set up for File Downloads but you think it might be useful to your business, please talk to your BNZ relationship manager.
What type of data can you download?
You can download daily balance or transaction statement files. Files contain transactions on all your accounts for each account type, and are in the BNZ GIFTS format.
Download our File Downloads Format Guide (PDF 204KB) for more information.
What account types can you download files for?
- Everyday bank/transactional accounts
- Foreign currency accounts
- BNZ credit cards
- Other bank - ANZ
- Other bank - ANZ (previously National Bank accounts)
- Other bank - Westpac
- National Australia Bank
Assigning access to File Downloads
Once you’ve been set up for File Download, users with the Manage Site Administrator permission will be able to assign themselves and other users access to File Downloads.
If you’re a Manage Site Administrator:
- Go to the Administration tab and click User List.
- Click Edit next to your name or the user you would like to enable.
- Click the Customise permissions button at the bottom of the page.
- Tick the Enable box next to Download Statement Files.
- Click Next and then Submit.
- Log out of Internet Banking for Business and then log back in again.
- Click on the Accounts tab. You’ll now see the File Downloads button in the left hand navigation.
- Files will be available to download from the next business day.
How to download files
After being set up, files can be downloaded starting the next day.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click File Downloads.
- Click Download.
The list will contain files for the last two weeks and the files that haven’t been downloaded will be in bold. Once downloaded, files will be moved to the bottom of the list. You can re-download previously downloaded files by clicking Download Again.
How to change the accounts included in your files
You can edit the accounts you want included in your daily file downloads.
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click File Download Settings.
- Click Edit and tick the boxes next to the accounts you want.
- Click Save. Your new settings will apply from the next business day.