Turning contactless payments on and off
Contactless payments (Visa payWave) are only available on credit cards or Flexi Debit Visa cards, and are turned on by default. You can turn contactless payments on or off in the BNZ app.
If you don’t have the BNZ app you can set it up yourself, or call us on 0800 275 269. Once you have the BNZ app and contactless payments set up, you can set up and manage contactless payments on your iPhone or Android device.
Follow the steps below, or use the downloadable guides.
Turn contactless payments off
- Log in to the BNZ app
- Tap on the menu bars in the top left corner
- Select Cards from the list
- Tap on the image of the card you want to change
- Scroll down to Card Security and find payWave
- Tap the sliding button to the right of payWave to turn your contactless payments off
Repeat the above steps for any other credit or debit card listed that you want to turn off contactless payments for.
Turn contactless payments back on
If you want to turn your contactless payments back on, repeat the above steps and tap the sliding button on the right of payWave to turn it on.
Download the guides
Download and print our guides on how to manage and set up contactless payments, with the BNZ app, on your iPhone or Android device.