Registering and activating your account
It’s easy to set up Internet Banking and the BNZ app, just follow the simple steps below to register, activate and get started.
Step 1: Choose how you’d like to register
a) Online using your email
You’ll need to know:
- the email address connected to your BNZ account
- your BNZ customer access number (found on the back of your Eftpos, debit, or credit card)
b) On the phone or visit a branch
- Call us on 0800 275 269 or +64 4 924 2424 from overseas (international toll charges apply).
- Visit any branch.
Step 2: Activate your NetGuard card
Once you’ve registered for Internet Banking, we’ll send you a NetGuard card in the post. NetGuard is an additional layer of security that works alongside your access number and password to make sure you’re extra secure when you do your banking online.
You’ll need to activate your NetGuard card as soon as you receive it. Just log in to Internet Banking using your access number and password, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Download the BNZ app
You can start using our free BNZ app as soon as you’ve registered.
From an iPhone or iPad
Visit the App Store and download the BNZ app.
From an Android Phone
Visit Google Play and download the BNZ app.
Watch our video
Our video will show you:
- how to register for Internet Banking using your email address
- tips for using Internet Banking
- different ways to identify yourself when logging in.