Turning off two-step authentication at login
You can choose when you want to authenticate. You can either do it every time you log in and for specific actions, or for specific actions only. If you select the second option, you can check your account balances and transfer money between your accounts, without needing to authenticate.
To turn it off:
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- Click Menu in the top left corner of the main page.
- Click on Settings.
- Under the heading Security, click on Two-step authentication.
- Change your two-step authentication preference to for specific actions.
- Click Update.
For your security, you’ll still need to authenticate when you’re:
- viewing documents
- making international payments
- paying someone new
- sending a secure message
- changing term deposit instructions
- updating personal details
- changing your password.
The same steps apply if you want to turn on two-step authentication at login.