Making international payments
You can make an international payment (also known as telegraphic transfer) via Internet Banking or at your nearest BNZ store.
All international payments being made through BNZ must comply with our sanctions requirements. If we need further information in order to meet these requirements, we may contact you, and in some cases this may lead to delays in processing your payments.
Information you’ll need
- The account you want us to withdraw the funds from.
- The currency and amount you want to send, specifying a foreign amount or an NZD equivalent.
- Your phone number in case we need to clarify your request.
- Payee’s full name and street (physical) address.
- Payee’s account number and the currency the account is held in.
- Payee’s bank name, branch name and branch address.
A payment reason is also required and may contain information such as an invoice number. The details entered are sent to the receiving bank and may be passed on to the beneficiary.