Using your NZ passport to open an account
You can open your first account with us using your mobile or desktop device^, and a current New Zealand passport.
How to open an account
- Apply to open an account online.
- After completing the qualifying questions, you’ll be asked how you wish to identify yourself. Select New Zealand passport.
- We’ll verify your passport details and address via greenID^.
- We’ll capture two videos - one of your passport, and one of you saying a phrase.
- When you submit your application we’ll do some final checks and if everything looks OK, we’ll email your account details within the next business day.
- Your NetGuard card and Flexi Debit Visa card (if you requested one) will be posted to you. You’ll need to visit a BNZ store to load a PIN on to your Flexi Debit Visa card.