Help & Support
How to register
Follow the steps to register for Internet Banking for Business, find out what you’ll need to provide, and what happens next.
Alternatively, download our Register for Internet Banking for Business guide (PDF 527KB)
What you’ll need to complete the form
The registration form will take about 10 minutes to complete. You’ll need to give us:
- a BNZ everyday account number - any service fees will be deducted from this account
- ID and residential address details of the person who will be your first user (initial site administrator), if that person isn’t already known to us as a customer or account owner
- ID and residential addresses for anyone else you want to add to your site as authorisers or administrators, if they are not known to us as customers or account owners.
You’ll also set up permissions and transaction limits, so you need to think about how you want your users to access and use your internet banking site. For example if you need two people to authorise payments, you’ll need to set them up with the permissions to do this.
You can add users, set permissions and transaction limits after your Internet Banking for Business site is set up.
Start your registration
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Print off a copy of the form.
- Get the form signed by the relevant people.
- Get together any documents we’ve asked for in the application form.
- Scan and email everything to us at email@example.com.
What happens next
- We’ll check your application (normally within two business days of receiving it) and email you with your login details.
- Download and activate the BNZ app. You’ll need to have this to authenticate your login to Internet Banking for Business.
- The first user created in Internet Banking for Business is listed as the Initial Site Administrator. This person must log in first to enable additional users to gain access.