If we can’t process a transfer, direct credit, automatic payment, bill or tax payment because there isn’t enough money in the account you’re making the payment from, we’ll change the payment’s status to ‘Retrying’. You won’t be charged a fee if your payment needs to be retried.
What we do to retry a payment
We’ll keep trying to make the payment:
- every hour between 7am and 11pm on the day the payment is due
- at 11:45pm on the day that the payment is due
- at 4:30am on the morning of the next day.
If we still can’t make the payment, it won’t be processed and it will fail. If the payment fails, you’ll need to set up a new payment.
What you can do to retry a payment
If your payment was created through Internet Banking or the BNZ app, you can use the Retry now button to retry the payment as soon as the money is available.
Find the Retry now button by:
- clicking on the account tile in Internet Banking; or
- viewing it in the upcoming payments screen within the BNZ app.
You can receive email notifications to let you know if there has been a problem with a payment you’ve set up. We’ll also send you a notification to let you know if the payment is successful or fails completely.
Find out more about setting up email notifications in Internet Banking.