Foreign Currency Call Account
Hold a wide range of overseas currencies and convert it when the exchange rate is right for you.
Receive, hold and pay out in one currency
If you get money from overseas, you can hold it in your foreign currency call account rather than converting it to New Zealand dollars. Then if you need to make a payment in that currency, you can do so using the funds in your foreign currency account.
Manage the potential of a better exchange rate
With a foreign currency call account you can buy foreign currency now when the exchange rate is right for you, and hold it until you need it later on. Likewise, if you already have foreign currency you can wait a while before converting it to New Zealand dollars.
Foreign Currency Call Account maintenance fee
The Foreign Currency Call Account Maintenance Fee is charged monthly* in the currency of the account. See the table below for the account maintenance fee per currency. These rates are subject to change from time to time.
Monthly^ maintenance fee can be refunded
If your average daily balance for the month is over the rebate level for your account's currency, the Foreign Currency Call Account Maintenance Fee will be refunded in full. The rebate level for each currency is shown in the rates and fees section below and is subject to change from time to time.
Keeping track of your account
You can check the balance of your foreign currency call account, whenever it suits, through our Internet Banking service. With BNZ, your balance shows in real time, so it's always up to date.
Accessing the funds in your foreign currency call account
You can access your foreign currency call account by:
- Internet Banking or at a BNZ Store.
- Transferring funds to or from your NZD transactional accounts into your Foreign Currency Call Account (you won't be able to access your account from ATMs in NZ or overseas).
- Sending international transfers to overseas bank accounts.
- Purchasing foreign currency cash from a BNZ Store using the funds in your Foreign Currency Call Account.
Other things it pays to know
- Minimum balances apply in order to earn interest on credit balances and interest rates can change daily
- If applicable, interest is calculated daily and paid on the last business day of the month
- Our foreign currency call account interest rates, monthly maintenance fees and rebate levels are listed below
- Funds are held in New Zealand, not overseas
|Country||Currency||Monthly^ Maintenance Fee||Rebate Level|
Account maintenance fees are charged on the last business day of each month.
Account maintenance fees and rebate levels are subject to change from time to time.
A 'month' for interest purposes refers to the period from the day after the last business day in a month up to and including the last business day of the next month. Foreign currency account terms and conditions apply.
BNZ service fees may apply.
The information and recommendations on bnz.co.nz are provided for general information purposes only. To the extent that any such information or recommendations constitute financial advice, they do not take into account any person’s particular financial situation or goals. We recommend that you seek advice specific to your circumstances from your financial adviser.
The BNZ Standard Terms and Conditions (in particular, the terms and conditions for foreign currency accounts) apply to the Service.