Once you experience YouMoney, you’ll never want to go back
YouMoney starts with an account. And follows with a banking experience like you’ve never seen before.
Feel confident about your money
With a range of smart tools at your fingertips it's easy to be organised. Open and close up to 25 accounts as you need them for expenses and savings, and with smart search it's easy to track down transactions.
See your progress
It’s quick and easy to set a savings goal, no matter whether you’re saving for a camera or a campervan. The handy progress bar lets you see how you’re going and motivates you to stay on track.
Hone in on the detail
Now you can split your money up the way you spend or save it. With enhanced visibility of your accounts, there's no excuse for lazy dollars or idle pennies — you can put each one to work.
Take the chore out of banking admin and have some fun with drag and drop, zooming and pinning. Plus you can put your own stamp on it by attaching images to each payee or account, which are meaningful to you.
Take it with you
YouMoney comes packaged up in handy mobile size for when you’re on the go. With apps for iPhone, iPad and Android™, it’s easy to transfer money, pay bills, open accounts or check your balance without logging in.
What you’ll get with YouMoney
Get up to 25 accounts and allocate them to different day-to-day expenses or saving goals. It’s up to you.1
One low fee
A $5 monthly fee covers all your accounts and transactions.2 Waived for students, graduates, apprentices and those 18 and under.3
Add images to your accounts and payees, for easy recognition. Use your own or choose from our library.
Move money easily with drag and drop
Drag and drop money between your accounts or to pay bills. It’s super quick and really simple.
Find your transactions in a flash
Search for transactions using names, amounts, or terms like ‘more than’. Results are filtered as you type, so you can quickly find what you’re looking for.
Open and close accounts in seconds
Whether you need three accounts or 23, it's easy to open and close them whenever you like. Having your money sorted the way it is in your head has never been so easy.
“Love your new YouMoney account! It makes my banking so easy and actually quite fun. Also makes me save more with the option of adding goals. Works great on the mobile app! Good work BNZ :) Glad I made the switch from ASB. Was totally worth it!”
— Larissa Hastings
Add accounts in a snap
To get started you’ll need to open a YouMoney transaction account. From there, you can add up to 24 other YouMoney accounts for all your everyday expenses — or add a few of our popular savings accounts, as you need them. It only takes a few clicks to open an account and there’s no extra cost.
Get unlimited transactions on up to 25 accounts. Optional interest-free overdraft of up to $2,000 for students, graduates and apprentices7.
Earn bonus interest if your balance increases each month (on top of any interest earned),4 and you make no more than one withdrawal per month5. More about Rapid Save.
Access your money whenever you need and still earn interest. Good if you need to sometimes dip into your savings6. More about Personal OnCall.
Special deals for students
Students, apprentices, and recent grads are always eligible for a YouMoney fee waiver and other benefits like interest-free overdrafts and discounted personal loans.3,7
Account opening and lending criteria, terms and fees apply. Establishment fee and facility fees also apply. BNZ's standard terms and conditions apply to all BNZ transaction and savings accounts. Our disclosure statement may be obtained here or from any BNZ store.
- YouMoney is only available for individuals and joint accounts. Each YouMoney account must be able to be operated by one signatory under the account operating authority.
- Fees are subject to change. Fees are charged on the last business day of each calendar month and are based on the period between the last business day of the previous calendar month and the second to last business day of the current month, inclusive.
- YouMoney fee waiver/discount and other product benefits are available to full or part time (ie: enrolled for at least one paper per semester) students/apprentices while you are studying for a minimum duration of one year through a NZQA accredited tertiary provider, or if you have graduated from such a course within the last 12 months and, in either case, have your income direct credited to your YouMoney account. Your Tertiary fee waiver/discount eligibility to apply for the other product benefits or to continue to have an Interest Free Overdraft will expire after five years, or 2 years after you graduate, whichever is the lesser, unless you discontinue studying (in which case you are no longer eligible for the waiver/discount or other product benefits).
Upon turning 19 years, a customer may be charged a monthly account fee on their YouMoney account (if they are not eligible for another type of fee waiver/discount, such as YouMoney Tertiary).
- If an account is opened during the month, the closing balance at the end of the day the account is opened is considered the opening balance for that month. In order to qualify for bonus interest, a deposit must be made to the account at any time after the opening balance date, but before the end of that month. Bonus criteria regarding one withdrawal a month still applies.
- A month refers to the period from the last business day of the previous month to the second to last business day of the current calendar month.
- Personal OnCall is not available for Companies and Trusts.
- Lending criteria, establishment and facility fees apply. You must be 18 years or over and be a permanent NZ resident. No Fly Buys points can be collected as part of the YouMoney Tertiary Advanced Personal Loan. If you are a student/apprentice you are not eligible for advanced personal loan insurance. Up to $1,000 interest free overdraft for first year students, $1,500 for second year students and $2,000 for third and subsequent year students and graduates. Your eligibility for an "Interest Free Overdraft" expires after 5 years after you were first entitled to apply for the YouMoney Tertiary Interest free Overdraft, or 2 years after you graduate, whichever is the lesser, unless you discontinue studying (in which case you are no longer eligible for the Interest Free Overdraft). Once you are no longer eligible for the Interest Free Overdraft the Bank's prevailing Personal Overdraft Base Interest Rate (plus any applicable margin(s)) will apply to the Overdraft and all amounts exceeding the credit limit.
iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.