Help & Support
Ordering cheque and deposit books and bags
An update on cheques
From 28 August 2020:
- we’ll no longer supply new cheque books, but you’ll still be able to write and deposit cheques
- we’ll no longer provide international cheques – this means you’ll need to make international payments through Internet Banking for Business
- you won’t be able to post a cheque to pay your credit card or personal loan balance.
Get set up for online ordering
Before you can order a cheque book in Internet Banking for Business, you’ll need to get set up for online ordering.
- Talk to a BNZ Partner or visit a BNZ branch to get set up for online ordering. This will give you ‘Order a cheque book’ permissions.
- Choose the type and size of book you’d like. We have a range of books, including deposit books and large size business books. If you want to change this at any stage, talk to a BNZ Partner or visit a BNZ branch.
Order books online
Request a new cheque book by going to the ‘Other Services’ tab of Internet Banking for Business, then:
- choose ‘Order a Cheque or Deposit Book’ from the left-hand menu
- select an account from the drop-down menu and click ‘Next’
- enter the number of books you want to order and any additional comments (e.g. if the order is urgent)
- click ‘Next’ and then ‘Submit’.
Order deposit bags online