Switching your home loan
Read this step-by-step guide to find out how the home loan switching process works.
Steps to complete
1. Contact us to start the switch
Call the lending team 0800 080 222 (Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm).
2. Get verified in store
You’ll need to bring identification to one of our stores.
Some other things you may need:
- If you are a FlyBuys1 member (and are switching to a BNZ Fly Buys home loan), please bring your membership details with you.
- If your home loan is for a Trust, or a Company you will need to provide Trust or Company documentation, like your Trust Deed.
- If the home loan is for an investment property, the rental income will need to be confirmed. Please bring either a copy of the existing Tenancy Agreement, a Rental Appraisal from a local REINZ real estate agency or if your rent is paid direct into your account, bring the statements for that account.
- If your salary is not paid into a bank account, you will need to bring two of your most recent payslips.
- Three months worth of statements for your current loan and accounts.
3. Contact your solicitor
You’ll need to contact your solicitor to let them know we’ll be sending them new loan documentation.
4. Accounts open
We'll help you set up your home loan and bank accounts.
5. Transfer your payments
We can help you switch your accounts, automatic payments, and bill payments, and if you’ve got direct debits, we’ll help you get started with this process.
6. Close old accounts
We can close your accounts at your old bank.