Mortgage rates and fees
All rates listed below are current as at today with the last update on unable to retrieve date. Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
|These rates may differ for existing home loan customers. For more information please call us free on 0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269)|
|Product||Current Interest Rate % p.a.|
+ Fly Buys terms and conditions apply.
# Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme terms and conditions apply. An Airpoints joining fee may apply. GlobalPlus home loans are not included in group balance calculations for fee rebate or other purposes.
* TotalMoney home loans are not included in group balance calculations for fee rebate or other purposes.
** Additional Account, Service and Facility Fees may apply.
NB: Tailored repayment not available on Mortgage One or Rapid Repay.
|Term||Current Interest Rate % p.a.|
* Available when you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have at least 20% equity in the property provided as security.
- You, as the same borrower, are refinancing a home loan from another bank and have less than 20% equity in the property provided as security, which must be the same property used as security for your existing lending and you do not require additional lending. Some conditions apply.
- You, as the same borrower, are an existing BNZ home loan customer as at 18 October 2013.
A Low Equity Interest Rate Premium will apply to all new or existing lending with over 80% LVR in the property provided as security.
** Classic fixed rates are only available when you have at least 20% equity in the property provided as security. These rates are not available if you are refinancing a home loan from another bank and have less than 20% equity in the property used as security for your lending.
† rate not available for packaged offers
Did you know?
You can secure or 'lock in' a current fixed interest rate before your home loan comes to the end of its fixed-rate term or before you officially take out or draw down your home loan. This is called ‘Ratelocking’ and with Home Loan Ratelock, you can hold a current fixed interest rate for up to 60 days. Rate lock fee may apply.
|Term||Current Interest Rate % p.a.|
*** Applicable to all new customers to BNZ taking a new home loan, all new customers transferring their loan and taking further borrowing, and existing customers whose loan was not drawn as at 18 October 2013, where such customers have less than 20% equity in the property provided as security. A Low Equity Interest Rate Premium will also apply.
|Fee Name||Loans they apply to||What is the fee?|
Personal Lending to individuals1
|All Home Loans||Up to $400|
All other lending including but not limited to cases where investment properties, family trusts or companies are involved
|All Home Loans||Up to 1% of loan amount.|
(Re-fix the interest rate on your home loan)
|All Home Loans||$02|
|Top Up Fee
(Apply to increase your overall home loan borrowing)
|All Home Loans||$2502|
(New loan agreements or amendments are required for services such as product changes, borrower changes, some types of repayment changes etc)
|All Home Loans||$2502|
(Re-draw funds that your original loan approval covered, but that you may have repaid faster than the minimum requirement. Re-draw cannot take place while your loan is on a fixed interest rate, but you can ask us to Re-draw funds when your fixed period is about to expire)
|GlobalPlus home loans
(No fee applies for other term home loans)
|Rates Arrears Fee
(When BNZ has to pay outstanding Council rates on behalf of a customer)
|All Home Loans||$35|
NB: Account Fees may be charged in addition to Service Fees and that all fees are subject to change without notice.
|Account Fee Rebates may apply3|
|Transaction/fee type||Account fees (service fees may also apply)|
|Monthly4 Base Fee||$3.50|
|Manual Transaction Fee:
(Cheques8, Store and Staff Assisted transactions).
|Electronic Transaction Fee (Internet5, Electronic (including EFTPOS, Direct Debits and Telephone Banking5), Automatic Payments6and ATM5 transactions)||35 cents.|
Rapid Repay accounts are eligible for monthly Account Fee Rebates on account transaction fees, monthly base fee and Telephone Banking call charges.
The monthly Customer Account Fee Rebate is determined by the average daily Group Balance7 for the month, as follows:
|Group Balances||100% of Account Fees rebated each month to a maximum of:|
|Less than $25,000||$0.00|
|$25,000 - $49,999||$5.00|
|$50,000 - $74,999||$10.00|
|$75,000 - $99,999||$15.00|
|$100,000 - $124,999||$20.00|
|$125,000 - $149,999||$25.00|
|$150,000 - $299,999||$30.00|
|$300,000 or more||$40.00|
(If you have more than one Rapid Repay transaction account under the same base number then the account with the highest fees accrued will automatically receive the rebate - unless you nominate a specific suffix.)
For further information including terms and conditions please send us an email or call us free on 0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269).
For interest rates applicable to packaged offers, please call us free on 0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269)
For all products our lending criteria and establishment fee applies. A Low Doc and/or Low Equity Interest Rate Premium will also apply. Loans are not available for business purposes or packaged offers. A higher interest rate may also apply to loans if the application is accepted but does not meet our standard lending criteria.
- For individual customers (where the customer is a natural person and not a company/trust) if the loan is primarily for personal, domestic, or household purposes.
- For all non-personal lending (including but not limited to cases where investment properties, family trusts or companies are involved) a fee of up to 1% of the loan may be charged for this service.
- Our usual Service Fees apply and are not included in the Account Fee rebate.
- Fees are charged on the last business day of each calendar month and are based on the period between the last business day of the previous calendar month and the second to last business day of the current month, inclusive.
- Although the Telephone, Internet Banking and ATM services will normally be available 24 hours a day, maintenance of the system is required from time to time. Accordingly certain options may not be available for an average of three hours a week. This maintenance, however will be carried out at times which will cause the least disruption to you.
- Automatic Payments into your account from other parties are classed as Electronic Transactions.
- Qualifying accounts included in the Group Balance are;
Deposit accounts - Current Account, Ready Money, MyMoney, Call Account, Smart Money, Flexi Money, Achiever Savings, Rapid Save and Term Investments. Bank of New Zealand Tailored Investment Funds and Managed Funds will also contribute to a Group Balance provided they are held in the same name as your Ready Money transaction Account.
Loan accounts - Standard home loans, Standard home loans with Fly Buys (with or without Tailored repayment option), Mortgage One, Term Loans, Tailored Personal Loans, Revolving Credit accounts, Overdrafts, Rapid Repay home loans, Business Advantage Lending products and Farm First lending products (excluding Farm First Transact Overdraft).
- Government stamp duty charges for cheques apply.
TotalMoney, GlobalPlus Home Loans, Cash PIE, and Business First Transact and OnCall accounts do not form part of the Bank of New Zealand Group Balance for fee rebate or other purposes.