Help & Support
Setting up an international payment in the BNZ business app
You can set up an international payment in the BNZ Business app or in Internet Banking for Business.
How to set up an international payment in the app
- Log in to the BNZ Business app.
- From the menu, select International payment.
- Select an existing payee (if you’re not paying an existing payee, you’ll need to add a new international payee first).
- Select the account you want to withdraw the payment from.
- Enter the amount you want to send, either in the currency of the payee’s bank or in an equivalent NZD (New Zealand Dollar) amount.
- The amount you enter will be displayed in the equivalent currency underneath the amount field.
- The conversion rate is an indication of the rate that will be used.
- When you authorise the payment, you can see and accept the final conversion rate.
- Enter the date you want the payment sent. Please note that payments cannot be sent during weekends or a currency holiday.
- Enter the reason for the payment, which will be received by the payee’s bank.
- For your own statement, you can also enter optional particulars or a code.
- Under ‘Fees’, select the account you want your fee to be withdrawn from.
- Choose whether you’d like to cover correspondent bank fees.
- Overseas banks involved in processing your payment deduct fees from the amount you send. By covering correspondent bank fees, the full amount you send should reach your payee. Occasionally there may be additional fees, but this is rare.
- Select Next to review the payment details.
- Select Back to make any changes, or Submit to send the payment to be approved by an Authoriser in your business.