Making an international payment in the BNZ app
You can make an international payment in the BNZ app or in Internet Banking.
All international payments being made through BNZ must comply with our sanctions requirements. If we need further information in order to meet these requirements, we may contact you, and in some cases this may lead to delays in processing your payments.
Information you’ll need
- The account you want us to withdraw the funds from.
- The currency and amount you want to send, specifying a foreign amount or an NZD equivalent.
- Your phone number in case we need to clarify your request.
- Your NetGuard card or the BNZ app.
- Payee’s full name and street (physical) address.
- Payee’s account number and the currency the account is held in.
- Payee’s bank name, branch name and branch address.
The details entered are sent to the receiving bank and may be passed on to the beneficiary.
How to make an international payment in the app
- Log in to the BNZ app.
- From the menu, select International payment.
- Select an existing payee (if you’re not paying an existing payee, you’ll need to add a new international payee first).
- Select the account you want to withdraw the payment from.
- Enter the amount you want to send, either in the currency of the payee’s bank or in an equivalent NZD (New Zealand Dollar) amount.
- The amount you enter will be displayed in the equivalent currency underneath the amount field.
- The conversion rate is an indication of the rate that will be used.
- When you authorise the payment, you can see and accept the final conversion rate.
- Enter the reason for the payment, which will be received by the payee's bank.
- For your own statement, you can also enter optional particulars or a code.
- Under ‘Fees’, select the account you want your fee to be withdrawn from.
- Choose whether you’d like to cover correspondent bank fees.
- Overseas banks involved in processing your payment deduct fees from the amount you send. By covering correspondent bank fees, the full amount you send should reach your payee. Occasionally there may be additional fees, but this is rare.
- Select Next.
- Review the payment details to check that they’re correct.
- You are provided with a live foreign exchange (FX) rate and conversion amount which will expire after a short time. Select Reload rate if your rate expired.
- Select Back if you’d like to make any changes to your payment.
- Select Pay to submit the payment. You will see a message letting you know your payment was successful.