Adding an international payee in the BNZ app
Before you get started
You’ll need to know the:
- currency you want to send
- payee’s full name (this must match their account name exactly) and physical address
- payee’s IBAN or account number, as well as any other bank codes needed to send a payment to their country, such as national clearing codes or SWIFT codes.
How to add a payee in the app
- Log in to the BNZ app.
- Tap the menu and select International payment.
- Select Someone new – Create a new payee.
- Enter the payee’s name, the country of their bank, and the currency you want to pay them with.
- Depending on the country and currency you selected, you’ll be asked to enter either:
- an account number with a valid national clearing code or SWIFT code, or
- a valid IBAN number.
- Enter the payee’s street address and country.
- An email address can also be entered for your payee. If you choose to enter an email address, your payee will be notified once BNZ has sent your payment to them.
- Select Next to set up a payment for your new payee.