Activate reissued Flexi Debit Visa or credit card
If you’ve received a reissued/replacement Flexi Debit Visa or credit card, you will need to activate your card as your card will be inactive as a protective measure when you receive it.
Activate your reissued card
There are a number of ways to activate your reissued card.
- If you’ve already loaded a PIN previously:
- use your PIN to make a purchase by swiping or inserting your card
- use your card at any ATM in New Zealand
- activate your card in the BNZ app by following the steps below.
- If you need to set a PIN:
- activate and set your card PIN in the BNZ app by following the steps below.
Activate your card in the BNZ app
- Log in to the BNZ app and tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines in top left corner).
- Tap Cards. You’ll see which of your cards need to be activated.
- Select the card you want to activate. Tap Activate card.
- Verify your card by entering the 3-digit number in the signature panel on the back of your physical card.
If the number doesn’t match what we have on file, you’ll get an error message. Check you have the new card, confirm the number and enter it again. If you continue to receive an error, send us a secure message in Internet Banking and we can look into this for you.
- When the number is a match, a green tick will appear.
- Tap Next to set your PIN. Enter a 4-digit PIN. Make sure to select a secure PIN.
- Re-enter the same 4-digit PIN to confirm it.
- Once your PIN is confirmed, your card is ready to use.
Watch the video
Watch our video on how to set your PIN and activate your card in the BNZ app.