You can make deposits into your account using a BNZ Smart ATM, Express Deposits, or by visiting a branch.
Deposit books and cheques update
We no longer supply new deposit books, but we’ll continue to accept deposit slips until 30 June 2021.
From 1 July 2021, we’ll no longer accept cheques including foreign cheques, however you can still deposit cheques until 30 June 2021.
We’ve introduced Smart ATMs into our branches so you won’t need to queue to see a teller when making deposits. We’ve also installed Smart ATMs outside branches so you can access them anytime. Check out our video tutorials to learn how to make the most of using Smart ATMs.
Smart ATM features
- Notes, coins and cheques can be deposited in one go at any of our Smart ATMs with coin deposit available.
- Notes and coin deposits are validated and credited to your account immediately. You don’t have to wait for funds to clear. Cheque deposits will take six business days to clear.
- You can deposit up to 50 notes in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- You can deposit up to 600 coins in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- You can deposit up to 50 cheques in New Zealand currency (individual cheque limits apply).
- Note, coin and cheque deposits are automatically counted so there’s no need to complete a deposit slip.
- Deposit money into your BNZ credit card.
- Deposit receipts show a breakdown of your deposit denominations, including cheques, along with your updated balance and financial information for your records.
- Make cardless deposits into a BNZ business account using only the account number, and the first and last names of the depositor.
Some of our Smart ATMs have sidecars that allow you to deposit your coins without needing a bag or deposit slip.
You can now deposit notes, coins and cheques in one go at any of our Smart ATMs with coin sidecars. These ATMs are currently available at selected BNZ branches. Find a BNZ Smart ATM that accepts coin deposits.
Coin deposits can be initiated using your BNZ debit cards or deposit cards. You can’t use your BNZ credit card, even if it’s a dual card linked to your transaction account.
BNZ Express Deposit
Our Express Deposit Towers are no longer available.
- Smart ATM deposit services are available for cash and cheque deposits.
- Read about our alternative Express Deposit options for businesses.
BNZ Direct Cash
For information on BNZ Direct Cash, please refer to our Making Business Deposits page.