You can make deposits into your account using a BNZ Smart ATM, express deposit bag, freepost through the mail, or by visiting us in store.
We’ve introduced Smart ATMs into our stores so you won’t need to queue to see a teller when making deposits. We’ve also installed Smart ATMs outside stores so you can access them anytime. Check out our video tutorials to learn how to make the most of using Smart ATMs.
Smart ATM features
- Notes, coins and cheques can be deposited in one go at any of our Smart ATMs with coin deposit available.
- Notes and coin deposits are validated and credited to your account immediately. You don’t have to wait for funds to clear. Cheque deposits will take three days to clear.
- You can deposit up to 50 notes in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- You can deposit up to 600 coins in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- You can deposit up to 50 cheques in New Zealand currency (up to $999,999.99 in total).
- Note, coin and cheque deposits are automatically counted so there’s no need to complete a deposit slip.
- Deposit money into your BNZ credit card.
- Deposit receipts show a breakdown of your deposit denominations, including cheques, along with your updated balance and financial information for your records.
- Make cardless deposits into a BNZ transaction account using only the account number, and the first and last names of the depositor.
Some of our Smart ATMs have sidecars that allow you to deposit your coins without needing a bag or deposit slip.
You can now deposit notes, coins and cheques in one go at any of our Smart ATMs with coin sidecars. These ATMs are currently available at selected BNZ stores, find our BNZ Smart ATMs that accept coin deposits.
Coin deposits can be initiated using your BNZ debit cards or deposit cards. You can’t use your BNZ credit card, even if it’s a dual card linked to your transaction account.
Visit a store
We have more than 150 stores nationwide which all have an express deposit tower. This means if you’re depositing less than $10,000, there’s no need to wait in a queue.
Deposit bags and coin bags
Put your cash, cheques and deposit slip into one of the deposit bags. If you’re only depositing cheques, put your cheques and deposit slip into the ziplock cheque deposit bag and drop it in the tower. Terms and conditions apply PDF 31KB
Freepost through the mail
With our freepost deposit service you can deposit cheques, but not cash, through the mail. Just pick up some freepost deposit envelopes from one of our stores and you’re ready to go. There’s no extra charge and you won’t pay postage.
Your freepost deposits will show on your bank statement like any other deposit. And when you’re running out of envelopes you can order some more using the re-order form on each envelope.