You can make deposits into your account using an ATM, Smart ATM, express deposit bag, freepost through the mail, or by visiting us in store.
We have over 480 ATMs nationwide, and around 160 of them accept deposits of notes and cheques using an envelope or bag.
ATMs are available 24/7, unless they’re located in store or in a shopping mall where restricted hours may apply.
Notes and cheques
You can deposit notes and cheques at:
Follow simple instructions on the ATM to complete the deposit. Clearance times vary by location*.
Coin only deposits
Some of our Smart ATMs have sidecars that allow you to deposit your coins without needing a bag or deposit slip. These ATMs are currently available at some of our busiest stores and more will be introduced over 2017 and early 2018.
- BNZ Smart ATMs that accept coin deposits
Coin only deposits can be initiated using your BNZ debit cards or deposit cards. You cannot use your BNZ credit card, even if it is a dual card linked to your transaction account.
Your confirmed coin deposits are credited immediately to your account, and will show as part of your Available Balance.
We’re currently introducing Smart ATMs into our busiest stores so you won’t need to queue to see a teller when making deposits.
Smart ATM features
- Notes and coin deposits are validated and credited to your account immediately. You don’t have to wait for funds to clear. Cheque deposits will take three days to clear.
- You can deposit up to 50 notes in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- You can deposit up to 600 coins in New Zealand currency (less than $10,000 in total).
- Note, coin and cheque deposits are automatically counted so there's no need to complete a deposit slip.
- Deposit receipts show a breakdown of your deposit denominations, including cheques, along with your updated balance and financial information for your records.
- Make cardless deposits into a BNZ transaction account using only the account number, and the first and last names of the depositor.
- Deposit money into your BNZ credit card account.
Freepost through the mail
With our freepost deposit service you can deposit cheques, but not cash, through the mail. Just pick up some freepost deposit envelopes from one of our stores and you’re ready to go. There’s no extra charge and you won’t pay postage.
Your freepost deposits will show on your bank statement like any other deposit. And when you’re running out of envelopes you can order some more using the re-order form on each envelope.
Visit a store
We have more than 170 stores nationwide and they all have an express deposit tower. This means if you’re depositing less than $10,000, there’s no need to wait in a queue.
Express Deposit bags
Put your cash, cheques and deposit slip into one of the Express Deposit bags. If you are only depositing cheques, put your cheques and deposit slip into the ziplock Express cheque deposit bag and drop it in the tower.
Save time by ordering Express Deposit bags and coin bags online.