Get the right protection for your home

Make sure you’re covered for sudden and accidental damage to your home with PremierCare Home Insurance.

Accidental damage

Sudden and accidental damage, up to the total sum insured of your home.

new building works

New building works (other than alterations) being constructed on your property, where the construction cost is less than $10,000.

hidden water damage

Hidden, gradual damage caused by water leaking from internal tanks or pipes, up to $3,000.

Glass and bathroom fittings

If you claim solely for sudden and accidental breakage of window glass or bathroom fittings, your claim-free discount won't be affected and excess of $250 applies.

Home office

Sudden and accidental damage caused to your home office.

Earthquake cover

In the event of an earthquake, PremierCare will cover you for the difference between your Earthquake Commission (EQC) payout and the sum insured under your policy.

How to work out the estimated cost of rebuilding your home

  • Visit, where there is an easy-to-use calculator^
  • commission an independent Valuation for Insurance Purposes from a registered valuer
  • hire a professional assessor or licensed builder
  • talk to one of us on 0800 275 269

Cover for landlords

If you're a landlord, you have cover for any rent you've lost ($20,000 up to 12 months rent) if your property investment is not up to living standards due to the damage covered by the policy, including from methamphetamine contamination. You also have the option of taking out the Landlord's Protection benefit, which covers accidental damage to or loss of your contents there (up to $7,500) on the property and any intentional damage tenants cause to the rental property (up to $25,000) and loss of rental income should tenants leave without notice or in the case of tenants being evicted, may also be covered. 

Even more reasons to insure your home with us

Choose your excess

A standard excess of $400 applies for owner-occupied homes. You can reduce your premium by choosing a higher excess. Note that a higher excess applies to rental properties.

Collect Fly Buys points

You can collect Fly Buys^ Points based on the premium you pay. Premiums can be paid fortnightly, monthly or annually.

Manage your insurance online

You can quickly and easily view your insurance details online in Internet Banking. See your policy details anytime, or find out how to make a claim.

PremierCare Home Insurance

Let us know your details and we’ll get back to you to chat through some options.


Insurance help and support

Call 0800 808 618 (from overseas call us collect on +64 9 985 0103). Available 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday, and 8.30am-5pm on weekends.

To make a claim, call 0800 248 888. Available 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday.