If you earn an income, how would you survive if you couldn't work? If you have family who depend on you, what would happen to them if you become seriously ill, had a bad accident or died? LifeCare helps provide the reassurance you need. A claim payment could be used to provide income while you can't work, help pay loans, living expenses, the cost of medical treatment, funeral expenses, future education costs and more.
Life insurance benefits
Life insurance can give you:
- Financial help in the event of illness, injury, redundancy or death.
- Peace of mind that you and your family are financially covered if something unfortunate and unforeseen happens
Assessing your insurance needs
Get the right type and amount of insurance:
- Think about what goals you have, and what you need to continue to meet these and your living expenses.
- Talk to us - we'll help you assess your insurance needs.
Pick and choose the cover you need
From a base of death and terminal illness cover, you can apply for other options to help create all-round protection, so that you'll always have protection that fits.
- Death and terminal illness cover provides a lump sum payment if you die or become terminally ill. It can make a big difference to your family because it pays a lump sum that can be used for anything. Funeral expenses, loan repayments and living expenses are some examples of how it could help.
- Bereavement Support benefit helps with immediate expenses by providing an advance payment of up to $5000 if the person insured dies. This is an advance payment of death and terminal illness cover sum insured.
- Child Death Cover benefit. To make things easier at a traumatic time, this benefit provides an immediate payment of $2000 if a child of the person insured dies in an accident aged between 3 and 10 years.
- Critical Condition benefit provides a lump sum if the person insured suffers a serious illness like a severe heart attack or advanced cancer. The money can be used for any purpose – from rehabilitation to a well-deserved holiday.
- Permanent Disability benefit pays a lump sum if you become permanently disabled and are unable to work again. It helps take the financial pressure off your family at a difficult time
- Temporary Disability benefit is income protection cover that helps provide regular income for up to two or five years if you are unable to work due to disability. There is limited cover available if your main occupation is staying at home looking after dependents (so if you can't do it due to disability, you can pay someone else to).
- Redundancy benefit is income protection cover that can help provide income for up to six months if you are made redundant.
Earn Fly Buys Points
You can collect Fly Buys^ points based on the premium you pay. Premiums can be paid fortnightly, monthly or annually.
Keep your insurance close at hand in Internet Banking
You can quickly and easily view your insurance details online in Internet Banking. See your policy details anytime, or find out how to make a claim.
Interim death by accident benefit
BNZ LifeCare provides up to $500,000 cover for accidental death while your application is being processed.
30-day no risk trial period
If you change your mind and cancel your policy within 30 days of taking it out, you'll get a full refund of the premiums you've paid.
Financial Strength Rating
BNZ Life Insurance Ltd has an A 'Excellent' financial strength rating which was given by A.M. Best Company Inc.
The rating scale is: A++, A+ Superior | A, A- Excellent | B++, B+ Good | B, B- Fair | C++, C+ Marginal | C, C- Weak | D Poor | E Under Regulatory Supervision | F In Liquidation | S Suspended
Talk to us about LifeCare Insurance
Under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010 BNZ Life Insurance Limited is required to operate at least one statutory fund and notify policyholders which statutory fund a policy is referable to. All policies underwritten by BNZ Life Insurance Limited are referable to BNZ Life Insurance Limited Statutory Fund No. 1.
- If your cover commenced on or after 1 May 2017, view and download a copy of the LifeCare General Terms and Conditions dated 1 May 2017 pdf 204kb
- If your cover commenced between 28 February 2015 and 30 April 2017, view and download a copy of the LifeCare General Terms and Conditions dated 28 Feb 2015 PDF 252KB , and the Addendum to the LifeCare Terms and Conditions PDF 82KB.
- If your cover commenced between July 2012 and 27 February 2015, view and download a copy of the LifeCare General Terms and Conditions dated 30 July 2012 PDF 249KB, and the Addendum to the LifeCare Terms and Conditions PDF 82KB.
- If your cover commenced between 6 April 2009 and 29 July 2012, view and download a copy of the LifeCare General Terms and Conditions dated April 2009 PDF 249KB, and the Addendum to the LifeCare Terms and Conditions PDF 82KB.
- If your cover commenced between 1 September 2003 and 5 April 2009, view and download a copy of the LifeCare Terms and Conditions dated September 2003 PDF 36KB, including the Addendum to LifeCare General Terms and Conditions PDF 648KB.
- If your cover commenced before 1 September 2003, view and download a copy of the LifeCare Terms and Conditions effective October 2001 PDF 55KB, including the Addendum to LifeCare General Terms and Conditions PDF 648KB.
Insurance help and support
If you need some help or to make a claim, call 0800 808 648
Or call us on +64 4 474 9702 from overseas (international toll charges apply).