Get more from your mobile with Android Pay
You use it as a torch, you use it as an alarm, now use it to pay.
Shop with ease
Use your phone just like a contactless card. You don’t even need to open the app - as long as your screen’s lit up, you’re good to go.
There's no charge to download the BNZ Mobile Banking app, and you won't be charged any extra when you use your phone to pay.
Safe and secure
Android Pay keeps your card details safe. The card details are never stored on your phone or shared with merchants.
Take it travelling
You can use Android Pay in stores all over the world, wherever contactless payments are offered.
How to get started
Need to know
- Android Pay is free to use.
- It's compatible with BNZ Flexi Debit Visa and eligible BNZ Visa credit cards^.
- Your card will need to be linked to an account with an available balance.
- You need an Android device (KitKat 4.4+) that supports NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). Check if your phone supports NFC by selecting 'Networks' from the 'Settings' menu.
Using Android Pay
- You can use Android Pay anywhere contactless payments can be made.
- You can't use the app to withdraw cash with purchases, or from ATMs.
- Your screen will need to be lit to make a payment. Your phone will beep or vibrate when a payment is made, and you’ll receive a notification.
- You'll be prompted to enter your PIN for purchases over $80.
- If you have multiple cards loaded, you'll need the Android Pay app to change your default card and to use non-default cards.
- Your card details are never stored on your phone or shared with merchants.
- If you make three consecutive payments without unlocking your phone, you'll be prompted to unlock your phone before you can make another.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, your card will be suspended as soon as you have reported this to BNZ.
Data coverage: Maintenance sometimes required. Mobile coverage and data required to access BNZ online services and the BNZ Mobile Banking app.
Account opening and lending criteria, terms and fees apply. BNZ standard terms and conditions apply to all BNZ transaction and savings accounts. Details of our fees can be found in our Fees Guide. Rates and fees are subject to change.
Eligible cards include BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum, BNZ Advantage Visa Classic, BNZ Advantage Visa Business, BNZ Flexi Debit Visa, BNZ Lite Visa, BNZ Visa Classic, and BNZ Visa Platinum.
BNZ credit card and BNZ Flexi Debit Visa terms and fees apply, and these are subject to change. To use Android Pay, you need an NFC-enabled Android™ device (KitKat 4.4+), the BNZ Mobile Banking app and an eligible BNZ Visa credit or Flexi Debit Visa card. Android Pay can only be used at outlets that accept contactless payments, and online when activated by the merchant. Android, Android Pay, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Mobile coverage and data are required to access BNZ online services and the BNZ Mobile Banking app. If you upgrade your EFTPOS card to a Flexi Debit Visa, your PIN should be transferred provided you have made a recent PIN activated transaction. To activate your card, use your existing PIN at an ATM or EFTPOS terminal in New Zealand, before using Android Pay. If you have a new eligible Visa credit or Flexi Debit Visa card, you will need to go into a BNZ store to load a PIN before Android Pay will work.