Pay with your phone using Android Pay™
A safe and simple way to pay with your Android device, available exclusively to BNZ Flexi Debit Visa customers. Set it up now - it’s super easy.
Start paying with your phone today
You use your phone for almost everything. With Android Pay and BNZ Flexi Debit Visa^, you can pay with it, too.
Tap, pay, done
With Android Pay, you can use your phone to pay, just like you would with a contactless card.
There's no charge to download the Android Pay app, and you won’t be charged any extra when you pay with it.
Your card details are safe
Android Pay keeps your card details safe. The actual card details are never stored on your phone or shared with merchants.
The easiest way to pay
You don't even need to open the app every time you pay. As long as your screen's lit up, you're good to go.
Take it travelling
Android Pay can be used at millions of stores worldwide, wherever contactless payments are offered.
Ditch your wallet
Free up your pockets. You can leave your wallet at home if you fancy.
How to get started
Need to know
- Android Pay is free to use.
- Currently, Android Pay can only be used with BNZ Flexi Debit Visa cards.
- Your card will need to be linked to an account with an available balance.
- You need an Android device (KitKat 4.4+) that supports NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). Check if your phone supports NFC by selecting 'Networks' from the 'Settings' menu.
Using Android Pay
- You can use Android Pay anywhere contactless payments can be made.
- You can't use the app to withdraw cash with purchases, or from ATMs.
- Your screen will need to be lit to make a payment. Your phone will beep or vibrate when a payment is made, and you’ll receive a notification.
- You'll be prompted to enter your PIN for purchases over $80.
- Your card details are never stored on your phone or shared with merchants.
- If you make three consecutive payments without unlocking your phone, you'll be prompted to unlock your phone before you can make another.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, your card will be suspended as soon as you have reported this to BNZ.
Android, Android Pay, Google Play and the Google Play logos are trademarks of Google Inc.
Data coverage: Maintenance sometimes required. Mobile coverage and data required to access BNZ online services and the BNZ Mobile Banking app.
Account opening and lending criteria, terms and fees apply. BNZ standard terms and conditions apply to all BNZ transaction and savings accounts. Details of our fees can be found in our Fees Guide. Rates and fees are subject to change.
BNZ Flexi Debit Visa terms and fees apply and are subject to change. A $10 annual card fee applies.
To use Android Pay, you need an NFC-enabled Android™ device (KitKat 4.4+), the BNZ mobile banking app and a BNZ Flexi Debit Visa. Android Pay can only be used at outlets that accept contactless payments, and online when activated by the merchant. If you upgrade your EFTPOS card to a Flexi Debit Visa, your PIN should be transferred provided you have made a recent PIN activated transaction. To activate your card, use your existing PIN at an ATM or EFTPOS terminal in New Zealand, before using Android Pay. If you have a new Flexi Debit Visa card, you will need to go into a BNZ store to load a PIN before Android Pay will work. Android Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Terms, conditions and fees apply.