Choose a credit card
*0% purchase offer & account fee waiver terms & conditions
- To be eligible for a 0% p.a. purchase interest rate on new purchases for 6 months (“0% p.a. Interest Period”), you must open a Low Rate MasterCard between 26 October 2016 and 25 March 2017.
- The 0% p.a. Interest Period begins on the date your card is approved (not the date you first use your card), and applies for 6 months. After this period, the standard purchase interest rate for your card (which will be higher) will apply to any outstanding balances and to any new purchases you make on your card.
- Purchases exclude cash advances (including some bill payments which are cash advances), fees, interest, credit card insurance payments and balance transfers.
- The standard account fee for the Low Rate MasterCard will not be charged for six months from the date when your card is approved (other fees may also apply). After this period, the standard account fee, which is currently $5 per month will be applied to your card account.
- To retain your low interest rate of 0% p.a. during the 0% p.a. Interest Period you must comply with your card’s terms and conditions.
- Your eligibility for the Low Rate MasterCard is subject to BNZ approval.
Eligibility criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply (including, if your card is a Low Rate MasterCard, an additional fee that may be charged for issuing an additional card or establishing a joint credit card account). Fees and interest rates are subject to change.
Eligibility for the balance transfer rate is limited to balances from non-BNZ New Zealand issued Visa, MasterCard, American Express, GE CreditLine, The Warehouse Financial Services Credit and Store Cards, Fisher & Paykel Finance issued Q Cards and Farmers Cards. Generally payments are applied to lower interest rate transactions first.
Terms and conditions, and fees apply. Balance transfer is subject to BNZ approval. A minimum balance transfer amount of $500 applies. Your BNZ credit card must remain within 95% of its credit limit after the balance has been transferred. This means you cannot transfer a balance up to your full BNZ credit card limit. Offers exclude personal loans and BNZ Business First Visa cards.
Any outstanding balance that remains on your BNZ credit card 12 months from the date that the relevant balance transfer interest rate commenced on your card, will revert to the prevailing purchase interest rate for that credit card account.
To retain the offer, your credit card account must be in compliance with your card’s terms and conditions (in respect to Payments). BNZ reserves the right to increase the interest rate applying to the transferred balance to the prevailing purchase interest rate on the credit card if you are no longer in compliance with your card’s terms.
The prevailing purchase interest rate will be charged to any new purchases using your BNZ credit card. Balance transfers are not eligible for rewards, including Fly Buys points and there are no interest free days or cash backs. Interest rate is subject to change.