Loan syndications and agency
We offer end-to-end support in arranging syndicated loans, making sure that your transaction runs smoothly and efficiently, that communication is clear, and that timelines are achieved.
What we offer you
New Zealand’s top book runner
You’ll be in safe hands when you work with New Zealand’s leading arranger of syndicated loans.
We’re consistently ranked among New Zealand’s top book runners, and arrangers across all industry sectors.
Work with a team that knows the industry inside out.
We have market-leading knowledge of loan structuring, and proven skills in loan origination and distribution.
Local base, global support
Our Auckland-based team is supported by the knowledge and expertise of our counterparts in the global National Australia Bank Group who are at the forefront of syndicated loan underwriting in Australia.
How we work for you
As lead arranger
We coordinate all the parties involved in your transaction, making sure it’s completed efficiently to your timeline. A dedicated deal team works with you to keep you updated during the entire arrangement process.
We work with all parties to:
- agree the loan terms with the borrower and establish pricing
- find, approve and secure potential syndicate members
- lead the negotiation of the loan documentation on behalf of the lenders
- coordinate lenders’ feedback on the draft documents
- coordinate the execution of the loan.
As facility agent
Choose us to act as facility agent—the main point of contact between borrowers and lenders. We make sure that the relationships within the syndicate run smoothly, and ensure that all information is communicated clearly and quickly between the parties.
- coordinate lender feedback on draft documents
- provide the sign-off on loan conditions before drawdown
- manage interest rate settings
- process all cash flow between the borrower and lenders.
We’ll continue to manage the relationship between borrower and lenders after the loan is finalised, helping with any changes to the loan’s structure – including consents, waivers and facility extensions – and providing regular financial reporting and monitoring.
As security trustee
We’ll provide safe, reliable management of the security involved in your transaction.
We take responsibility for all the functions relating to the security over a borrower’s assets, including:
- establishing and maintaining all security records held for the lenders
- making all the necessary security registrations
- releasing and acquiring security assets as required
- managing each bank’s share of the security
- administering the security on behalf of the lenders.
Talk to a specialist
Head of Loan Syndications & Agency
Ian ensures your loan syndicate runs as smoothly and as efficiently as possible. He was more than 20 years' experience in the industry, working as lead arranger and underwriter for number of major syndicated loans. Ian has an LLB (Hons) from the London School of Economics.
As well as having specialists in syndications and agency, we also have Relationship Managers who work one-to-one with Institutional businesses.
Our Relationship Managers understand the ins and outs of your industry and can help grow your business, launch a new project—or just keep things ticking over.
Find a Relationship Manager for your industry: