Transferring foreign currency
You can transfer money to or from a foreign currency account through Internet Banking or the BNZ app.
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- Click on Menu, then select International.
- Select the account you’d like to withdraw money from, and the account you’d like to transfer money to. You can transfer money from:
- a transaction or savings account to a foreign currency account
- a foreign currency account to a transaction or savings account
- a foreign currency account to another foreign currency account, if the currencies are the same.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer, or click the switch icon to swap currencies.
- The NZD/foreign currency equal to this amount will display under the Amount field.
- The ‘Indicative rate’ is an estimated rate, and may be different to the rate used for your transfer.
- Under For your payee, you can enter optional particulars or a code, which will show in the account you transferred money to.
- Under For your statement, you can enter optional particulars or a code, which will show in the account you withdrew money from.
- Click Next. Review the payment details to check they’re correct.
- You’ll get with a live foreign exchange (FX) rate and conversion amount, which is valid for a limited time. Select Reload rate if your rate expires.
- Select Previous if you’d like to make changes to your transfer.
- Select Transfer to submit. You’ll see a message confirming your transfer was successful.