Managing different payment options
Use different payment options to manage the interest you pay on your home loan, and potentially pay off your loan faster.
Reduce your interest costs
With a TotalMoney offsetting loan, you could use your savings to reduce your interest costs.
Change your regular payments
For most fixed or floating (variable) rate home loans, you can increase or decrease your payments (unless you’re already at your minimum payment level) at any time.
How to change your regular payments
In Internet Banking
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- From the overview page, click on your home loan account icon.
- You’ll know if you can change your regular payments on your home loan if you see a Change your regular payments button. Click this to continue.
Change your payment amount. You’ll be able to seethe impact this change has on the interest you pay, length of your loan, and whether an ERC (early repayment charge) will apply.
- Click the Change button to confirm your payment change.
- The change will take effect from your next scheduled payment.
By contacting us
Make a lump-sum payment
Making lump-sum payments means you pay off your loan faster, and pay less interest overall. If your loan is on a fixed interest rate, early repayment charges may apply. Most of our fixed rate home loans let you repay up to 5% of the loan amount at the start of your fixed term each year, without early repayment charges.