Preparing for a home loan appointment
You’ll need to provide us with details and proof of your finances. This information will help us to decide if you’re eligible for a new home loan or to refinance with us. It can also give us a better understanding of how much you can borrow or top-up your existing home loan.
To get a better understanding of the details you’ll need to provide, refer to the Statement of Position form (PDF 370KB).
We can start a joint application with one person. To complete the application, we’ll need to speak to all parties, including any trustees, guarantors, and directors where applicable. We can do this at different times, over the phone or in a branch.
What to bring to your appointment
Proof of your income
You can prove your income with:
- two most recent payslips for each applicant, a copy of your employment contract(s), or a bank statement showing income; or
- if you’re self-employed, your business’ last two annual financial statements.
Details of your expenses and debts
To help us understand your finances, you’ll need to provide full details of your expenses and outgoings.
- Transactional statements (including credit card statements) from the three most recent, consecutive months, showing your regular living expenses which could include:
- utility bills e.g. power, landline, mobile phones, internet, TV streaming and music subscriptions
- food and groceries e.g. supermarket, takeaways, eating out, alcohol, tobacco products and e-cigarettes
- motor vehicle and transport e.g. bus, train, ferry, fuel, registration, WOF, service and maintenance, parking, tolls, ride-share services, roadside assist
- insurance (health, life, home, contents, vehicle, boat, pet, income or payment protection)
- memberships e.g. gym, sports clubs, leisure activities and hobbies
- superannuation contributions such as KiwiSaver or other funds
- clothing and personal care e.g. clothing, footwear, hair and beauty
- other regular expenses e.g. regular doctor or dentist visits, physio, chiropractor, alternative therapies, donations (including tithing), holiday savings, professional development, adult education.
- Financial commitments - statements from the three most recent, consecutive months showing all your financial commitments, including:
- loans, personal loans and credit cards (if these are not with BNZ, we’ll need PDFs that show the current loan interest rate, loan start date, documented term, and interest only end date if applicable)
- buy now pay later facilities e.g. Afterpay, Laybuy (screenshots for each facility from the app, the balance and the repayment amount, or evidence that these facilities have been closed)
- body corporate rates, rent or board payments, family or child support payments.
- Council property rates.
- Your household budget if you have one.
Proof of your identity
If you’re new to BNZ or don’t bank with BNZ, we’ll need to verify your identity with your New Zealand driver licence or passport. Learn more about our identification requirements.
Proof of your deposit
For new home loan applications, you can prove you have an available deposit with:
- details of your KiwiSaver balance; or
- details of other sources for your deposit, like savings, funds, or gifts.
If you already have a property in mind, you can also bring the property details.
Note: Please provide all digital documents in PDF format.