Help & Support
Opening an account for a company
To open a non-personal account for a company, we’ll need to know more about your company and the key people that are involved and/or associated with your company.
- Company extract.
- Certificate of incorporation.
If you have any other organisations (such as trusts, companies, partnerships, or overseas registered entities) holding shares of 25% or more in the aggregate, we’ll need foundation evidence for those organisations too. More about non-personal organisations
ID and proof of address
We’ll need ID for the key people involved in the business. Each person will need to prove their ID using one of three ID combinations.
Key people include:
- shareholders with ultimate individual aggregate ownership of 25% or more shares
- executive position holders (e.g. CEO, CFO)
- general managers
- anyone who would require access to your accounts to view or transact on them.
Each key person’s ID needs to be verified. Ways to verify ID include:
- face-to-face in a BNZ branch
- certified in writing by an approved trusted referee
- online through RealMe or with photos of your ID.
Countries of tax residence
If you, your company, or any key people are tax residents in another country or countries, we’ll need tax numbers or an equivalent for those countries.
Find out more about confirming your tax residency.
For more information, please talk to your tax adviser or visit the Inland Revenue website.
Adding, changing, or removing an authorised person
We’ll need to collect and verify identification information for any new authorised person, and they may also need to fill out additional forms.
Call us on 0800 275 269 to make changes to your account.