Protect yourself and your business
We can work with you to determine your business risks and recommend appropriate insurance products to meet both your business and personal protection needs.
LifeCare insurance for small business owners
As a business owner-operator, if anything stopped you from being able to work it could cause significant financial impact on your business and your personal income.
Call 0800 269 763
Small Business is available 7 days a week, 7am–7pm Mon-Friday, and 8am–2pm on weekends.
Comprehensive life insurance for medium and large businesses
As a BNZ Partners customer, your Partner can put you in touch with Life Insurance Specialists who can work with you to determine your business risks and recommend appropriate insurance products to meet both your business and personal protection needs
Our Life Insurance Specialists have access to different types of insurance products that they can combine to provide comprehensive life insurance cover that meets your needs.
Call 0800 273 916
Why you and your business might need life insurance
As an owner-operator of a business or a BNZ Partner, you might need life insurance to protect your business and personal income. Life insurance can provide cover for the following:
- Debt protection – helps by paying business loans if a business owner is diagnosed with a terminal illness, a critical condition, permanent disablement or dies.
- Income protection – helps protect your personal income if you can’t work due to injury or illness.
- Business expenses – helps protect your fixed business expenses if you can’t work due to injury or illness.
- Partner and shareholder (more suitable for medium to large businesses) – helps you keep control of your business if a partner or shareholder dies or is diagnosed with a terminal illness, critical condition or permanent disablement. It is set up alongside a buy/sell agreement and makes sure that cash is available to buy out the affected partner or shareholder or his/her beneficiaries.
- Key person (more suitable for medium to large businesses) – helps finance the employment and training of a suitable replacement if a key employee is diagnosed with a terminal illness, a critical condition, permanent disablement or dies, and can help meet other expenses to ensure business survival.
LifeCare is underwritten by BNZ Life Insurance Limited ("BNZ Life"). LifeCare is not an obligation of Bank of New Zealand. The obligations of BNZ Life are not guaranteed by its related companies, including National Australia Bank Limited and Bank of New Zealand, or any other parties. Bank of New Zealand arranges LifeCare as an agent for BNZ Life and receives commission on any policies it arranges.
Under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010 BNZ Life Insurance Limited is required to operate at least one statutory fund and notify policyholders which statutory fund a policy is referable to. All policies underwritten by BNZ Life Insurance Limited are referable to BNZ Life Insurance Limited Statutory Fund No. 1.