Applying for a personal loan
You may want to make a large one-off purchase or consolidate your debts into one loan with flexible payments that fit your individual needs.
If you have a BNZ transaction account which you’ve held for more than 3 months, or an existing loan with us, you can apply for a personal loan within Internet Banking or the BNZ app.
Follow the instructions below, or download the quick reference guide (PDF 442KB).
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- From the menu, select Apply now.
- Click Apply for a personal loan.
- Complete the online application form.
If you haven’t already, you can register for Internet Banking if you have a BNZ credit card or use telephone banking.
- Log in to the BNZ app and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines in the top left corner).
- Select Apply now.
- Select Personal loans.
- Select Apply for a personal loan.
- Complete the application on screen. Tap Next.
- Read the declaration and confirm that you consent to the information presented.
- Tap Submit.
If you don’t have access to banking online or would like to discuss your personal loan options, call our team at 0800 800 667.