Back to Everyday accounts

Non-personal account

We'll need ID for the key people involved in the business (including you). Each key person is required to be verified by BNZ face-to-face, certified by an approved trusted referee, or through RealMe®.

Account Operating Authority and/or Additional Signatures Authority is required to be completed by each person/s intending to operate this account and must be signed before the account is opened. These documents set out instructions on how you want to access your BNZ accounts.  

You can use any one of the ID combinations required for a personal account.

Additional documents required for the non-personal entity

  • Company extract (including all shareholders and directors) and company constitution (if you have one)
  • Partnership agreement (for partnerships)
  • A trust deed (for trusts)
  • Evidence of source of wealth or funds (for trusts)
  • Certificate of Incorporation, copy of rules for an incorporated society or charitable trust
  • Meeting minutes for unincorporated societies, informal groups, or clubs.

When we need to verify your source of wealth and/or source of funds we will require documentation to support that verification. Examples of documentation we will accept include one or a combination of the following:

  • Bank statements
  • Pay slips
  • Confirmation letters or emails from solicitors or accountants
  • Audited company accounts
  • Rental or lease agreements
  • Sale and purchase agreements
  • Loan agreements and other supporting type documents.

We’ll also need to know if you and, if applicable, your controlling persons are tax residents in another country or countries. If so, we need tax numbers or an equivalent for those countries. Find out more about confirming your tax residency.

For more information on determining your entity’s status and controlling persons please visit the IRD website.

Please note: Documentation may vary depending on the type of non-personal entity.