We’ve been helping not-for-profit organisations for many decades. Everything we’ve learned along the way is helping us to provide financial services that are more in tune to your unique needs. Right now, we’re working with more than 17,000 not-for-profit organisations throughout the country.
Over the years we’ve gained a special appreciation of the challenges you face. For instance, we know about the need for fundraising and publicity. We also understand that investments and capital resources have to work particularly hard, because the money they earn has to go as far as possible. At the same time, we know that risk levels need to be kept low.
So it’s with knowledge of your unique requirements that we’ve developed our not-for-profit solution. It’s an approach that’s purpose-built to support the success of your good work.
Times when your BNZ Partner can really make a difference
- Investing money to create ongoing income for projects
- Providing simple and cost effective payment solutions
- Managing day-to-day financial matters
- Developing investment strategies and plans – and making sure these comply with your fiduciary obligations
Products and services that work harder for you
Your BNZ Partner can suggest financial products and services that are tuned to your organisation’s needs. Here are a few that could be right for you:
Not-for-Profit transaction account
We have a low-cost transaction account specifically for not-for-profit organisations. Special features include:
- No monthly base fee
- No charges for staff assisted1, electronic2, BNZ ATM, BNZ Internet Banking transactions (service fees may apply)3
- No cheque clearance and cash handling fees
- Credit interest paid six-monthly in February and August4
- An overdraft to help with everyday cash flow fluctuations5
- Regular statements
- Freepost deposits
The Not-for-Profit transaction account is available to any charity, society, association or organisation that returns any profit, property or benefits to the wider community and not to any individual member or members. For example:
- Charitable institutions
- Community organisations
- Social organisations
- Sports organisations
- Environmental organisations
- Religious organisations
Private and institutional wealth
Together with other specialists, our Private Bank Partners can provide your organisation with professional advice on all your banking, financial planning and investment needs. We have virtually unlimited access to a diverse range of financial solutions locally and globally. Our proposition is ideally suited to the special fiduciary, risk and performance needs of not-for-profit organisations.
We provide access to governance workshops and relevant experts to help trustees of not-for-profit organisations understand and fulfil their special responsibilities when looking after their organisation’s financial assets.
Online banking solutions
Internet Banking for Business (IB4B) is designed for organisations large, small or mobile and has all the banking options you’re used to, with extra innovations to get you ahead. Coupled with our Mobile Business Banking app, IB4B is the quick and easy way to get your banking done online 24/7.7
Your BNZ Partner can work with you to understand your requirements and get you registered.
We offer a range of competitive savings and term deposit options to help your organisation manage its funds, along with longer term capital market products such as corporate bonds.
- Staff assisted transactions include deposits and withdrawals, and deposits made using our Express Deposit Towers.
- Electronic transactions include telephone banking, EFTPOS, bill payments, automatic payments, direct debits and direct credits. Fees for telegraphic transfers still apply.
- For more information about our standard fees, ask your BNZ Partner for our Business Account and Service Fees brochure or ask at your nearest store.
- Interest is paid on the last business day of the month.
- Our lending criteria, and an overdraft establishment fee and an overdraft facility fee apply. Full details, standard terms and conditions and disclosure statement may also be obtained free of charge from your BNZ Partner.
- If you go into unarranged overdraft (including if you go over your arranged overdraft limit), interest at the Bank's Business Overdraft Rate plus 10.00% p.a. (unless we advise you otherwise) also applies to the debit balance, calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Maintenance sometimes required. Mobile coverage and data required to access the BNZ Mobile Banking App. Internet coverage required to access BNZ online banking services.
BNZ Authorised Financial Advisers' disclosure statements are available on request and free of charge.